Exchange Rate and External Trade Flows: Empirical Evidence of J-Curve Effect in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rose, Andrew K. & Yellen, Janet L., 1989. "Is there a J-curve?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 53-68, July.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Masoomeh Hajilee, 2012. "German-US Commodity Trade: Is there a J-Curve Effect?," Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 58(4), pages 327-353.
- Mohsen Bahmani‐Oskooee & Gour G. Goswami & Bidyut Kumar Talukdar, 2005. "The Bilateral J‐Curve: Australia Versus Her 23 Trading Partners," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 110-120, June.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Amr Sadek Hosny, 2012. "Egypt-EU commodity trade and the J-Curve," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 192-209.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Charikleia Economidou & Gour Goswami, 2006. "Bilateral J-curve between the UK vis-a-vis her major trading partners," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 879-888.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Stephen P. Magee, 1973. "Currency Contracts, Pass-Through, and Devaluation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 303-325.
- M. Bahmani-Oskooee & Gour Goswami, 2003. "A disaggregated approach to test the J-Curve phenomenon: Japan versus her major trading partners," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 27(1), pages 102-113, March.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2008.
"The J-curve dynamics of Turkey: an application of ARDL model,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2423-2429.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2008. "The J-Curve Dynamics of Turkey: An Application of ARDL Model," MPRA Paper 6824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip O. Alege & Evans S. Osabuohien, 2015. "Trade-Exchange Rate Nexus in Sub-Saharan African Countries," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 50(3), pages 151-167, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:26:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Abera Gelan, 2012. "Is there J-Curve effect in Africa?," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 73-81, June.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Amr Sadek Hosny, 2013. "Egypt-US commodity trade and the J-curve," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 115-127.
- Elif Akbostanci, 2004. "Dynamics of the Trade Balance: The Turkish J-Curve," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 57-73, September.
- R. Scott Hacker & Abdulnasser Hatemi‐J, 2004. "The effect of exchange rate changes on trade balances in the short and long run," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(4), pages 777-799, December.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Zohre Ardalani, 2007. "Is there a J-Curve at the Industry Level?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(26), pages 1-12.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan, 2004. "The J-Curve: Evidence from Fiji," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 369-380.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Onatunji Olufemi, 2019. "Do real exchange rate changes have symmetric or asymmetric effects on trade balance in Nigeria? Evidence from Non-linear ARDL Model," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 11(1), pages 14-23, June.
More about this item
KeywordsJ-Curve Hypothesis; Kulkarni Hypothesis; Marshall-Lerner Condition; Trade Balance.;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:86640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.