The socio-economic determinants of maternal health care utilization in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wong, Emelita L. & Popkin, Barry M. & Guilkey, David K. & Akin, John S., 1987. "Accessibility, quality of care and prenatal care use in the Philippines," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 927-944, January.
- G.B. Overbosch & N.N.N. Nsowah-Nuamah & G.J.M. van den Boom & L. Damnyag, 2004. "Determinants of Antenatal Care Use in Ghana," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(2), pages 277-301, June.
- Celik, Yusuf & Hotchkiss, David R., 2000. "The socio-economic determinants of maternal health care utilization in Turkey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(12), pages 1797-1806, June.
- Fosu, Gabriel B., 1994. "Childhood morbidity and health services utilization: Cross-national comparisons of user-related factors from DHS data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1209-1220, May.
- Raghupathy, Shobana, 1996. "Education and the use of maternal health care in Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 459-471, August.
- Gage, Anastasia J., 2007. "Barriers to the utilization of maternal health care in rural Mali," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(8), pages 1666-1682, October.
- Navaneetham, K. & Dharmalingam, A., 2002. "Utilization of maternal health care services in Southern India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(10), pages 1849-1869, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheabo Dessalegn, S., 2017. "Social capital and maternal health care use in rural Ethiopia," Other publications TiSEM bb0ec225-4ec3-4028-90d6-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:bla:ijhplm:v:31:y:2016:i:4:p:e235-e253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Monica Lambon-Quayefio & Nkechi Owoo, 2014. "Examining the Influence of Antenatal Care Visits and Skilled Delivery on Neonatal Deaths in Ghana," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 511-522, October.
- Ganle, John Kuumuori & Dery, Isaac & Manu, Abubakar A. & Obeng, Bernard, 2016. "‘If I go with him, I can't talk with other women’: Understanding women's resistance to, and acceptance of, men's involvement in maternal and child healthcare in northern Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 195-204.
- Bove, Riley M. & Vala-Haynes, Emily & Valeggia, Claudia R., 2012. "Women's health in urban Mali: Social predictors and health itineraries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(8), pages 1392-1399.
- Nkechi Owoo & Monica Lambon-Quayefio, 2013. "National health insurance, social influence and antenatal care use in Ghana," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-12, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSocio-economic determinants; Maternal health; Care; Utilization; Socio-economic regions; Health care; Maternity services; Ghana;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:ijsepp:v:38:y:2011:i:7:p:628-648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .