A comparative analysis of the performance of conventional and Islamic unit trust companies in Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Drake, L & Howcroft, B, 1994. "Relative efficiency in the branch network of a UK bank: An empirical study," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 83-90, January.
- repec:mfa:journl:v:3:y:1995:i:2:p:51-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew M. Yuengert, 1993. "The measurement of efficiency in life insurance estimates of a mixed normal-gamma error model," Research Paper 9308, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1969. "Risk, The Pricing of Capital Assets, and the Evaluation of Investment Portfolios," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 167-247, April.
- Soo-Wah Low, 2007. "Malaysian unit trust funds’ performance during up and down market conditions: A comparison of market benchmark," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 154-166, January.
- Loren W. Tauer, 1998. "Productivity of New York Dairy Farms Measured by Nonparametric Malmquist Indices," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 234-249.
- Varian, Hal R., 1983. "Nonparametric Tests of Models of Investor Behavior," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 269-278, September.
- Avkiran, Necmi K., 2001. "Investigating technical and scale efficiencies of Australian Universities through data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-80, March.
- Bawa, Vijay S, 1976. "Admissible Portfolios for All Individuals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1169-1183, September.
- Fikriyah Abdullah & Taufiq Hassan & Shamsher Mohamad, 2007. "Investigation of performance of Malaysian Islamic unit trust funds: Comparison with conventional unit trust funds," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 142-153, January.
- Chang, Eric C & Lewellen, Wilbur G, 1984. "Market Timing and Mutual Fund Investment Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 57-72, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Daraio, Cinzia & Simar, Leopold, 2006. "A robust nonparametric approach to evaluate and explain the performance of mutual funds," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 516-542, November.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Mains, Norman E, 1977. "Risk, the Pricing of Capital Assets, and the Evaluation of Investment Portfolios: Comment," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(3), pages 371-384, July.
- Murthi, B. P. S. & Choi, Yoon K. & Desai, Preyas, 1997. "Efficiency of mutual funds and portfolio performance measurement: A non-parametric approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 408-418, April.
- Troutt, Marvin D. & Hu, Michael Y. & Shanker, Murali S., 2005. "A distribution-free approach to estimating best response values with application to mutual fund performance modeling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 520-527, October.
- Yuengert, Andrew M., 1993. "The measurement of efficiency in life insurance: Estimates of a mixed normal-gamma error model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 483-496, April.
- null Taib & Mansor Isa, 2007. "Malaysian unit trust aggregate performance," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 102-121, January.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdelbari El Khamlichi & Kamel Laaradh & Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Performance Persistence of Islamic Equity Mutual Funds," Working Papers 2014-115, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Abdelbari El Khamlichi & Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Persistence of Performance Using the Four-Factor Pricing Model: Evidence from Dow Jones Islamic Index," Working Papers 2014-216, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Boo, Yee Ling & Ee, Mong Shan & Li, Bob & Rashid, Mamunur, 2017. "Islamic or conventional mutual funds: Who has the upper hand? Evidence from Malaysia," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 183-192.
- Makni, Rania & Benouda, Olfa & Delhoumi, Ezzedine, 2015. "Large scale analysis of Islamic equity funds using a meta-frontier approach with data envelopment analysis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 324-337.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid M. Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015.
"Islamic Banking And Finance: Recent Empirical Literature And Directions For Future Research,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 637-670, September.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Working Papers hal-01073185, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Post-Print hal-01144032, HAL.
- Kamil, Nazrol K.M. & Alhabshi, Syed O. & Bacha, Obiyathulla I. & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Heads we win, tails you lose: Is there equity in Islamic equity funds?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 7-28.
- Khurshid Ali & Zeeshan Khan & Abdullah Saleh, 2016. "Islamic Versus Conventional Banking: An Insight into the Malaysian Dual Banking System," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 3(1), pages 103-112.
- Muhammad Najib Razali, 2015. "The dynamic of returns and volatility of Malaysian listed property companies in Asian property market," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Kamil, Nazrol & Bacha, Obiyadulla & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Is There A Diversification “Cost” of Shari’ah Compliance? Empirical Evidence from Malaysian Equities," MPRA Paper 56951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsUnit trusts; Capital markets; Indexing; Islam; Economic performance; Malaysia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:ijmfpp:v:6:y:2010:i:1:p:24-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.