The J-Curve: Evidence from Industry Trade Data between US and UK
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Himarios, Daniel, 1989. "Do Devaluations Improve the Trade Balance? The Evidence Revisited," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(1), pages 143-168, January.
- Mahdavi, Saeid & Sohrabian, Ahmad, 1993. "The exchange value of the dollar and the U.S. trade balance: An empirical investigation based on cointegradon and Granger causality tests," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 343-358.
- Kanta Marwah & Lawrence R. Klein, 1996. "Estimation of J-Curves: United States and Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 523-539, August.
- Gerlach, Stefan, 1989. "Intertemporal speculation, devaluation, and the J-curve," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3-4), pages 335-345, November.
- Noland, Marcus, 1989. "Japanese Trade Elasticities and the J-Curve," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 175-179, February.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Burda, Michael C & Gerlach, Stefan, 1992. "Intertemporal Prices and the U.S. Trade Balance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1234-1253, December.
- Stephen P. Magee, 1973. "Currency Contracts, Pass-Through, and Devaluation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 303-325.
- Felmingham, Bruce S, 1988. "Where Is the Australian J-Curve?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 43-56, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shaar, Karam & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi, 2016. "US-China trade: Who is telling the truth?," Working Paper Series 5146, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Crucini, Mario J. & Davis, J. Scott, 2016.
"Distribution capital and the short- and long-run import demand elasticity,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 203-219.
- Crucini, Mario J. & Davis, J. Scott, 2013. "Distribution capital and the short- and long-run import demand elasticity," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 137, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Scott Davis & Mario Crucini, 2013. "Distribution capital and the short- and long-run import demand elasticity," 2013 Meeting Papers 453, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mario J. Crucini & J. Scott Davis, 2013. "Distribution Capital and the Short- and Long-Run Import Demand Elasticity," NBER Working Papers 18753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario J. Crucini & J. Scott Davis, 2013. "Distribution Capital and the Short- and Long-run Import Demand Elasticity," CAMA Working Papers 2013-56, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- BAHMANI-OSKOOEE, Mohsen & HALICIOGLU, Ferda & GHODSI, Seyed Hesam, 2016. "Asymmetric Effects of Exchange Rate Changes on British Bilateral Trade Balances," MPRA Paper 73477, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eis:articl:108bahmani. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan Wheatley). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bsntuuk.html .