Balancing Skilled with Unskilled Migration in an Urbanizing Agricultural Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2010.
"Inter-provincial migration and inequality during Vietnam's transition,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 100-112, January.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2008. "Interprovincial Migration and Inequality During Vietnam's Transition," Staff Paper Series 507, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2013.
"Long-run costs of piecemeal reform: Wage inequality and returns to education in Vietnam,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1106-1122.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2012. "Long-Run Costs of Piecemeal Reform: Wage Inequality and Returns to Education in Vietnam," Staff Paper Series 566, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian A., 2012. "Long-run costs of piecemeal reform: wage inequality and returns to education in Vietnam," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124207, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Blalock, Garrick & Gertler, Paul J., 2009. "How firm capabilities affect who benefits from foreign technology," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 192-199, November.
- Gary L. Hunt & Richard E. Mueller, 2004. "North American Migration: Returns to Skill, Border Effects, and Mobility Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 988-1007, November.
- Alan De Brauw, 2010. "Seasonal Migration and Agricultural Production in Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 114-139.
- Nong Zhu & Xubei Luo, 2010. "The impact of migration on rural poverty and inequality: a case study in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 191-204, March.
- Richard Adams, 2011. "Evaluating the Economic Impact of International Remittances On Developing Countries Using Household Surveys: A Literature Review," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(6), pages 809-828.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Nguyen, Loc Duc & Raabe, Katharina & Grote, Ulrike, 2015. "Rural–Urban Migration, Household Vulnerability, and Welfare in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 79-93.
- Mckenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007.
"Network effects and the dynamics of migration and inequality: Theory and evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1-24.
- David Mckenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Network Effects and the Dynamics of Migration and Inequality: Theory and Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2004-3, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Hisamitsu Saito & Munisamy Gopinath, 2011. "Knowledge Spillovers, Absorptive Capacity, And Skill Intensity Of Chilean Manufacturing Plants," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 83-101, February.
- Borjas, George J. & Bronars, Stephen G. & Trejo, Stephen J., 1992.
"Self-selection and internal migration in the United States,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-185, September.
- George J. Borjas & Stephen G. Bronars & Stephen J. Trejo, 1992. "Self-Selection and Internal Migration in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harinder Kohli & Ashok Sharma & Anil Sood & Haruhiko Kuroda, 2011. "Asia 2050: Realizing the Asian Century: Overview," Other Working Papers asia2050overview, Emerging Markets Forum.
- World Bank, 2008. "Vietnam : Higher Education and Skills for Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7814, The World Bank.
- Enrico Moretti, 2004. "Workers' Education, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Plant-Level Production Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 656-690, June.
- Alan de Brauw & John Giles, 2017.
"Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 52(1), pages 272-311.
- Alan de Brauw & John Giles, 2005. "Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China," Department of Economics Working Papers 2005-05, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Giles,John T. & De Brauw,Alan, 2008. "Migrant opportunity and the educational attainment of youth in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4526, The World Bank.
- de Brauw, Alan & Giles, John T., 2006. "Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 2326, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Minot, Nicholas & Goletti, Francesco, 2000. "Rice market liberalization and poverty in Viet Nam:," Research reports 114, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Michael Quinn & Stephen Rubb, 2005. "The importance of education-occupation matching in migration decisions," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(1), pages 153-167, February.
- Lan Vu & Linh Le & Nazeem Muhajarine, 2013. "Multilevel Determinants of Colleges/Universities Enrolment in Vietnam: Evidences from the 15% Sample Data of Population Census 2009," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 375-386, March.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Duncan Black & Vernon Henderson, 1999. "A Theory of Urban Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(2), pages 252-284, April.
- Junge, Vera & Revilla Diez, Javier & Schätzl, Ludwig, 2015. "Determinants and Consequences of Internal Return Migration in Thailand and Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 94-106.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roehlano M. Briones, 2017. "Characterization Of Agricultural Workers In The Philippines," Working Papers id:12308, eSocialSciences.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2017. "Characterization of Agricultural Workers in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2017-31, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
Keywordseducation; labor migration; labor skills; middle-income countries; Vietnam; Southeast Asia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:66:y:2015:i:c:p:457-467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .