Scale-up Nation: China’s Specialization in Innovative Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2012. "The Quest for Prosperity: How Developing Economies Can Take Off," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9812.
- Timothy J. Sturgeon, 2002. "Modular production networks: a new American model of industrial organization," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 451-496, June.
- Grau, Thilo & Huo, Molin & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2012.
"Survey of photovoltaic industry and policy in Germany and China,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 20-37.
- Thilo Grau & Molin Huo & Karsten Neuhoff, 2011. "Survey of Photovoltaic Industry and Policy in Germany and China," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1132, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric, 2010.
"The Fight for the Middle: Upgrading, Competition, and Industrial Development in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1555-1574, November.
- Loren Brandt & Eric Thun, 2010. "The Fight for the Middle: Upgrading, Competition, and Industrial Development in China," Working Papers tecipa-395, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Ru, Peng & Zhi, Qiang & Zhang, Fang & Zhong, Xiaotian & Li, Jianqiang & Su, Jun, 2012. "Behind the development of technology: The transition of innovation modes in China’s wind turbine manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 58-69.
- Peter Nolan, 2012. "Is China Buying the World?," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(2), pages 108-118.
- Wei, Max & Patadia, Shana & Kammen, Daniel M., 2010. "Putting renewables and energy efficiency to work: How many jobs can the clean energy industry generate in the US?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 919-931, February.
- Steinfeld, Edward S., 2004. "China's Shallow Integration: Networked Production and the New Challenges for Late Industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1971-1987, November.
- Lester, Richard K. and David M. Hart, 2011. "Unlocking Energy Innovation: How America Can Build a Low-Cost, Low-Carbon Energy System," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262525143, January.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
- Liu, Jialu & Goldstein, Don, 2013. "Understanding China's renewable energy technology exports," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 417-428.
- Carliss Y. Baldwin & Kim B. Clark, 2000. "Design Rules, Volume 1: The Power of Modularity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262024667, January.
- Herrigel, Gary, 2010. "Manufacturing Possibilities: Creative Action and Industrial Recomposition in the United States, Germany, and Japan," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199557738.
- Schuman, Sara & Lin, Alvin, 2012. "China's Renewable Energy Law and its impact on renewable power in China: Progress, challenges and recommendations for improving implementation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 89-109.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:7:p:1284-1298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hughes, Llewelyn & Meckling, Jonas, 2017. "The politics of renewable energy trade: The US-China solar dispute," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 256-262.
- Binz, Christian & Diaz Anadon, Laura, 2016. "Transplanting clean-tech paths from elsewhere: The emergence of the Chinese solar PV industry," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/29, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Yu, Yang & Li, Hong & Che, Yuyuan & Zheng, Qiongjie, 2017. "The price evolution of wind turbines in China: A study based on the modified multi-factor learning curve," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 522-536.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:588-599 is not listed on IDEAS
- Curran, Louise & Lv, Ping & Spigarelli, Francesca, 2017. "Chinese investment in the EU renewable energy sector: Motives, synergies and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 670-682.
- Subramanian, Nachiappan & Rahman, Shams & Abdulrahman, Muhammad D., 2015. "Sourcing complexity in the Chinese manufacturing sector: An assessment of intangible factors and contractual relationship strategies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 269-284.
- Binz, Christian & Tang, Tian & Huenteler, Joern, 2017. "Spatial lifecycles of cleantech industries – The global development history of solar photovoltaics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 386-402.
- Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric, 2016. "Constructing a Ladder for Growth: Policy, Markets, and Industrial Upgrading in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 78-95.
- Zhang, Fang & Gallagher, Kelly Sims, 2016. "Innovation and technology transfer through global value chains: Evidence from China's PV industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 191-203.
- Fan, Xiao-chao & Wang, Wei-qing, 2016. "Spatial patterns and influencing factors of China׳s wind turbine manufacturing industry: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 482-496.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:142:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2897-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guarini, Giulio & Porcile, Gabriel, 2016. "Sustainability in a post-Keynesian growth model for an open economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 14-22.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:418-437 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:113:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2533-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Howell, Anthony, 2015. "‘Indigenous’ innovation with heterogeneous risk and new firm survival in a transitioning Chinese economy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1866-1876.
More about this item
Keywordsmanufacturing innovation; industrial upgrading; national competitiveness; renewable energy industries; Asia; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:54:y:2014:i:c:p:288-300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .