The Fight for the Middle: Upgrading, Competition, and Industrial Development in China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric, 2010. "The Fight for the Middle: Upgrading, Competition, and Industrial Development in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1555-1574, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Crespo, Nuno & Fontoura, Maria Paula, 2007.
"Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers - What Do We Really Know?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 410-425, March.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2005. "Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers – What Do We Really Know?," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/06, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Hubert Schmitz, 2007. "Reducing Complexity in the Industrial Policy Debate," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 25(4), pages 417-428, July.
- Steinfeld, Edward S., 2004. "China's Shallow Integration: Networked Production and the New Challenges for Late Industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1971-1987, November.
- Alice H. Amsden & Wan-wen Chu, 2003. "Beyond Late Development: Taiwan's Upgrading Policies," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011980, March.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:35:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40888-017-0088-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesca Checchinato & Lala Hu & Alessandra Perri & Tiziano Vescovi, 2013. "Internationalization of a Chinese "born glocal" brand: the case of Goodbaby," Working Papers 25, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Can Huang & Naubahar Sharif, 2016. "Global technology leadership: The case of China," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 62-73.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Hodgkinson, Ian R. & Chuang, Fu-Mei, 2014. "Foreign competition, domestic knowledge base and innovation activities: Evidence from Chinese high-tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 414-422.
- Yu, Yang & Li, Hong & Che, Yuyuan & Zheng, Qiongjie, 2017. "The price evolution of wind turbines in China: A study based on the modified multi-factor learning curve," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 522-536.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:2133-:d:119529 is not listed on IDEAS
- He, Xiyou & Mu, Qing, 2012. "How Chinese firms learn technology from transnational corporations: A comparison of the telecommunication and automobile industries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 270-287.
- Moriki Ohara, 2014. "Stratified domestic demand: the “seedbed effect” on automobile firms observed from county-level sales data," Chapters,in: The Disintegration of Production, chapter 7, pages 179-212 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eric Thun, 2016. "The Disintegration of Production: Firm Strategy and Industrial Development in China edited by Mariko Watanabe , Cheltenham , Edward Elgar , 2014 , vii + 347 pp," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 54(3), pages 257-260, September.
- Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric, 2016. "Constructing a Ladder for Growth: Policy, Markets, and Industrial Upgrading in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 78-95.
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:48:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0083-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Nahm, Jonas & Steinfeld, Edward S., 2014. "Scale-up Nation: China’s Specialization in Innovative Manufacturing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 288-300.
- repec:bla:tvecsg:v:108:y:2017:i:2:p:205-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Florian Butollo, 2015. "Growing against the odds: government agency and strategic recoupling as sources of competitiveness in the garment industry of the Pearl River Delta," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 8(3), pages 521-536.
- Abdalla, Carla Caires & Zambaldi, Felipe, 2016. "Ostentation and funk: An integrative model of extended and expanded self theories under the lenses of compensatory consumption," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 633-645.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; industrialization; FDI; upgrading; value-chains; emerging markets; automotive;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePEc Maintainer) or () or (). General contact details of provider: .