The Fight for the Middle: Upgrading, Competition, and Industrial Development in China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric, 2010. "The Fight for the Middle: Upgrading, Competition, and Industrial Development in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1555-1574, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crespo, Nuno & Fontoura, Maria Paula, 2007.
"Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers - What Do We Really Know?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 410-425, March.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2005. "Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers – What Do We Really Know?," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/06, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Hubert Schmitz, 2007. "Reducing Complexity in the Industrial Policy Debate," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 25(4), pages 417-428, July.
- Steinfeld, Edward S., 2004. "China's Shallow Integration: Networked Production and the New Challenges for Late Industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1971-1987, November.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Alice H. Amsden & Wan-wen Chu, 2003. "Beyond Late Development: Taiwan's Upgrading Policies," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011980, January.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nahm, Jonas & Steinfeld, Edward S., 2014. "Scale-up Nation: China’s Specialization in Innovative Manufacturing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 288-300.
- Can Huang & Naubahar Sharif, 2016. "Global technology leadership: The case of China," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 62-73.
- Francesca Checchinato & Lala Hu & Alessandra Perri & Tiziano Vescovi, 2013. "Internationalization of a Chinese "born glocal" brand: the case of Goodbaby," Working Papers 25, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- He, Xiyou & Mu, Qing, 2012. "How Chinese firms learn technology from transnational corporations: A comparison of the telecommunication and automobile industries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 270-287.
- Moriki Ohara, 2014. "Stratified domestic demand: the “seedbed effect” on automobile firms observed from county-level sales data," Chapters,in: The Disintegration of Production, chapter 7, pages 179-212 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Hodgkinson, Ian R. & Chuang, Fu-Mei, 2014. "Foreign competition, domestic knowledge base and innovation activities: Evidence from Chinese high-tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 414-422.
- Yu, Yang & Li, Hong & Che, Yuyuan & Zheng, Qiongjie, 2017. "The price evolution of wind turbines in China: A study based on the modified multi-factor learning curve," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 522-536.
- Abdalla, Carla Caires & Zambaldi, Felipe, 2016. "Ostentation and funk: An integrative model of extended and expanded self theories under the lenses of compensatory consumption," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 633-645.
- Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric, 2016. "Constructing a Ladder for Growth: Policy, Markets, and Industrial Upgrading in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 78-95.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:2133-:d:119529 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:48:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0083-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChina; industrialization; FDI; upgrading; value-chains; emerging markets; automotive;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.