Managing Wild Resources: Institutional Choice and the Recovery of Resource Rent in Southwest China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- L Pez-Feldman, Alejandro & Mora, Jorge & Taylor, J. Edward, 2007.
"Does natural resource extraction mitigate poverty and inequality? Evidence from rural Mexico and a Lacandona Rainforest Community,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 251-269, April.
- Lopez-Feldman, Alejandro & Mora, Jorge & Taylor, J. Edward, 2006. "Does Natural Resource Extraction Mitigate Poverty and Inequality? Evidence from Rural Mexico and a Lacadona Rainforest Community," Working Papers 190916, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Agrawal, Arun, 2001. "Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1649-1672, October.
- Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Benziger, Vince, 2003. "Forest Exploitation and Protection in Reform China: Assessing the Impact of Policy, Tenure, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 225890, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Albers, Heidi J. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 2008.
"Spatial and temporal modeling of community non-timber forest extraction,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 234-245, November.
- Elizabeth J. Z. Robinson & Heidi J. Albers & Jeffrey C. Williams, 2006. "Spatial and Temporal Modeling of Community Non-Timber Forest Extraction," CSAE Working Paper Series 2006-03, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- McCarthy, Nancy & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2001. "Common Pool Resource Appropriation under Costly Cooperation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 297-309, November.
- Morrow, Christopher E. & Hull, Rebecca Watts, 1996. "Donor-initiated common pool resource institutions: The case of the Yanesha Forestry Cooperative," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1641-1657, October.
- Singh, Inderjit & Squire, Lyn & Strauss, John, 1986. "A Survey of Agricultural Household Models: Recent Findings and Policy Implications," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 149-179, September.
- Sinan, Hussain & Whitmarsh, David, 2010. "Wealth-based fisheries management and resource rent capture: An application to the Maldives marine fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 389-394, May.
- Klooster, Daniel, 2000. "Institutional Choice, Community, and Struggle: A Case Study of Forest Co-Management in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Williams, John T. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2005. "Local Enforcement and Better Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-284, February.
- Mendelsohn, Robert, 1994. "Property Rights and Tropical Deforestation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 750-756, Supplemen.
- Reed, William J., 1984. "The effects of the risk of fire on the optimal rotation of a forest," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 180-190, June.
- Songorwa, Alexander N., 1999. "Community-Based Wildlife Management (CWM) in Tanzania: Are the Communities Interested?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2061-2079, December.
- Weyerhaeuser, Horst & Kahrl, Fredrich & Yufang, Su, 2006. "Ensuring a future for collective forestry in China's southwest: Adding human and social capital to policy reforms," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 375-385, June.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- Blaikie, Piers, 2006. "Is Small Really Beautiful? Community-based Natural Resource Management in Malawi and Botswana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1942-1957, November.
- Herath Gunatileke & Ujjayant Chakravorty, 2003. "Protecting Forests Through Farming. A Dynamic Model of Nontimber Forest Extraction," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(1), pages 1-26, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jun He & Min Dong & Macro Stark, 2014. "Small Mushrooms for Big Business? Gaps in the Sustainable Management of Non-Timber Forest Products in Southwest China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-15, September.
More about this item
Keywordsinstitutional choice; nontimber forest products; resource rent; matsutake mushroom; China; Asia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:48:y:2013:i:c:p:120-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .