Privatization of Education and Labor Force Inequality in Urban Francophone Africa: The Transition from School to Work in Ouagadougou
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4744 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kahyarara, Godius & Teal, Francis, 2008.
"The Returns to Vocational Training and Academic Education: Evidence from Tanzania,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2223-2242, November.
- Godius Kahyarara & Francis Teal, 2008. "The returns to vocational training and academic education: Evidence from Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 2008-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Cris Beauchemin & Philippe Bocquier, 2003. "Migration and urbanization in francophone west Africa a review of the recent empirical evidence," Working Papers DT/2003/09, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2012.
"L'inégalité des chancessur le marché du travail urbain ouest-africain,"
Revue d’économie du développement,
De Boeck Université, vol. 20(1), pages 41-68.
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2012. "L'inégalité des chances sur le marché du travail urbain ouest-africain," Post-Print hal-01651038, HAL.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2004.
"Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(02), pages 95-148, December.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2003. "Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education," Working Papers 875, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2003. "Evidence of Returns to Schooling in Africa from Household Surveys: Monitoring and Restructuring the Market for Education," Center Discussion Papers 28481, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Glick, Peter & Sahn, David E, 1997. "Gender and Education Impacts on Employment and Earnings in West Africa: Evidence from Guinea," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(4), pages 793-823, July.
- Francis Teal & Godius Kahyarara, 2008. "The returns to vocational training and academic education: Evidence from Tanzania," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2008-07, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Kuepie, Mathias & Nordman, Christophe J. & Roubaud, François, 2009. "Education and earnings in urban West Africa," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 491-515, September.
- Denis Cogneau & Thomas Bossuroy & Philippe De Vreyer & Charlotte Guénard & Victor Hiller & Phillippe Leite & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps & Laure Pasquier-Doumer & Constance Torelli, 2006. "Inequalities and equity in Africa," Working Papers DT/2006/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Patrice Vimard, 1993. "Modernité et pluralité familiales en Afrique de l'Ouest," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 34(133), pages 89-115.
- Yvan Guichaoua, 2006. "Non-protected Labour in one West African Capital: Characteristics of Jobs and Occupational Mobility in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire," Post-Print hal-00346651, HAL.
- Calves, Anne-Emmanuele & Schoumaker, Bruno, 2004. "Deteriorating Economic Context and Changing Patterns of Youth Employment in Urban Burkina Faso: 1980-2000," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1341-1354, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4536 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsprivate education; transition from school to work; youth employment; employment inequality; sub-Saharan Africa; Burkina Faso;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:47:y:2013:i:c:p:136-148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.