The Private Health Care Sector and the Provision of Prenatal Care Services in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Panis, Constantijn W. A. & Lillard, Lee A., 1994. "Health inputs and child mortality: Malaysia," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 455-489.
- Macq, Jean & Martiny, Patrick & Villalobos, Luis Bernardo & Solis, Alejandro & Miranda, Jose & Mendez, Hilda Cecilia & Collins, Charles, 2008. "Public purchasers contracting external primary care providers in Central America for better responsiveness, efficiency of health care and public governance: Issues and challenges," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 377-388, September.
- Jerry Hausman, 2001. "Mismeasured Variables in Econometric Analysis: Problems from the Right and Problems from the Left," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 57-67, Fall.
- Peabody, John W. & Gertler, Paul J. & Leibowitz, Arleen, 1998. "The policy implications of better structure and process on birth outcomes in Jamaica," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-13, January.
- R. Todd Jewell & Patricia Triunfo, 2006. "The impact of prenatal care on birthweight: the case of Uruguay," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(11), pages 1245-1250.
- Hugh R. Waters & Laurel E. Hatt & Robert E. Black, 2008. "The role of private providers in treating child diarrhoea in Latin America," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 21-29.
- Maitra, Pushkar, 2004. "Parental bargaining, health inputs and child mortality in India," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 259-291, March.
- Jishnu Das & Jeffrey Hammer & Kenneth Leonard, 2008.
"The Quality of Medical Advice in Low-Income Countries,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 93-114, Spring.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey & Leonard, Kenneth, 2008. "The quality of medical advice in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4501, The World Bank.
- Guilkey, David K. & Popkin, Barry M. & Akin, John S. & Wong, Emelita L., 1989. "Prenatal care and pregnancy outcome in Cebu, Philippines," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 241-272, April.
- Fernando Ruiz & Liliana Amaya & Stella Venegas, 2007. "Progressive segmented health insurance: Colombian health reform and access to health services," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 3-18.
- Arrieta, Alejandro, 2011. "Health reform and cesarean sections in the private sector: The experience of Peru," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 124-130, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Austin, Kelly F. & DeScisciolo, Cristina & Samuelsen, Lene, 2016. "The Failures of Privatization: A Comparative Investigation of Tuberculosis Rates and the Structure of Healthcare in Less-Developed Nations, 1995–2010," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 450-460.
- Alejandro Arrieta & Ariadna García-Prado, 2012. "Non-elective cesarean sections in public hospitals: hospital capacity constraints and doctor´s incentives," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1212, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Mpakati Gama, Elvis & McPake, Barbara & Newlands, David, 2013. "The implication of contracting out health care services: The case of service level agreements in Malawi," MPRA Paper 52980, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsprivate health care providers prenatal care health care quality Latin America;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:39:y:2011:i:4:p:579-587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .