Regional heterogeneity in the relationship between fiscal imbalances and foreign exchange market pressure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. " Contagious Currency Crises: First Tests," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(4), pages 463-484, December.
- Eika, Kari H & Ericsson, Neil R & Nymoen, Ragnar, 1996.
"Hazards in Implementing a Monetary Conditions Index,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(4), pages 765-790, November.
- Eika, K.H. & Ericsson, N.R. & Nymoen, R., 1996. "Hazards in Implementing a Monetary Conditions Index," Memorandum 32/1996, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kari H. Eika & Neil R. Ericsson & Ragnar Nymoen, 1996. "Hazards in implementing a monetary conditions index," International Finance Discussion Papers 568, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Graham Bird & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2001. "Banks, Financial Liberalisation and Financial Crises in Emerging Markets," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7), pages 889-910, July.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004.
"The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 1-48.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2002. "The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation," NBER Working Papers 8963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2004. "The modern history of exchange rate arrangements: A reinterpretation," MPRA Paper 14070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Glick,Reuven & Moreno,Ramon & Spiegel,Mark M. (ed.), 2001. "Financial Crises in Emerging Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521800204.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don, 1977. "A Monetary Model of Exchange Market Pressure Applied to the Postwar Canadian Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 537-548, September.
- Graham Bird, 2002. "Where Do We Stand On Choosing Exchange Rate Regimes in Developing and Emerging Economies?," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 3(1), pages 145-167, January.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1996. "Why are Latin America's savings rates so low? An international comparative analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Barry J. Eichengreen, 1999. "Toward a New International Financial Architecture: A Practical Post-Asia Agenda," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 51.
- repec:hrv:faseco:34721963 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akram, Gilal Muhammad & Byrne, Joseph P., 2015. "Foreign exchange market pressure and capital controls," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 42-53.
- Alexis Cruz-Rodríguez, 2014.
"Is there a relationship between fiscal sustainability and currency crises? International evidence based on causality tests,"
International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR),
Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 7(1), pages 69-87, April.
- Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2014. "Is there a relationship between fiscal sustainability and currency crises? International evidence based on causality tests," MPRA Paper 72103, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scott William Hegerty, 2013. "Principal component measures of exchange market pressure: comparisons with variance-weighted measures," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(18), pages 1483-1495, September.
- Scott W. Hegerty, 2014. "Measuring Exchange Market Pressure and Its Contagion in the East African Community," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(2), pages 239-257, June.
- Alex Mandilaras & Graham Bird, 2008.
"Foreign exchange pressures in Latin America: does debt matter?,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 613-627.
- Graham Bird & Alex Mandilaras, 2007. "Foreign Exchange Pressures in Latin America: Does Debt Matter?," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1307, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Alexis Cruz Rodriguez, 2011.
"Prediction of Currency Crises Using a Fiscal Sustainability Indicator,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review,
Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business, vol. 26(2), pages 39-60, December.
- Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2011. "Prediction of Currency Crises using a Fiscal Sustainability Indicator," MPRA Paper 72101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stavarek, Daniel, 2007. "Comparative analysis of the exchange market pressure in Central European countries with the Eurozone membership perspective," MPRA Paper 3906, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2016. "Exchange Arrangements and Speculative Attacks: Is there a link?," MPRA Paper 72359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:34:y:2006:i:7:p:1171-1181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.