The Indian agricultural research system: Structure, current policy issues, and future orientation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Derek Byerlee, 1992. "Technical change, productivity, and sustainability in irrigated cropping systems of South Asia: Emerging issues in the post‐green revolution Era," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(5), pages 477-496, September.
- Wallace E. Huffman & Richard E. Just, 1994.
"Funding, Structure, and Management of Public Agricultural Research in the United States,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(4), pages 744-759.
- Huffman, Wallace, 1994. "Funding, Structure, and Management of Public Agricultural Research in the United States," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10995, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Evenson, Robert E. & Jha, Dayanatha, 1973. "The Contribution of Agricultural Research System to Agricultural Production in India," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(4), October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hall, Andrew & Bockett, Geoffrey & Taylor, Sarah & Sivamohan, M. V. K . & Clark, Norman, 2001. "Why Research Partnerships Really Matter: Innovation Theory, Institutional Arrangements and Implications for Developing New Technology for the Poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 783-797, May.
- Pal, Suresh & Byerlee, Derek R., 2003. "The Funding And Organization Of Agricultural Research In India: Evolution And Emerging Issues," Policy Papers 11870, National Centre for Agricultural Economics and Policy Research (NCAP).
- Byerlee, Derek, 1998. "The search for a new paradigm for the development of national agricultural research systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1049-1055, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Barua, Rashmi & Goel, Prarthna & Sane, Renuka, 2017. "The Effect of Age-Specific Sex Ratios on Crime: Instrumental Variable Estimates from India," Working Papers 17/214, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Roseboom, Johannes & Rutten, Hans, 1998. "The transformation of the Dutch agricultural research system: An unfinished agenda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1113-1126, June.
- Adelaja, Adesoji O., 1997.
"New Challenges Facing Agricultural And Resource Economics Departments In The Twenty-First Century,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 1-13, October.
- Adelaja, Adesoji O., 1997. "New Challenges Facing Agricultural and Resource Economics Departments in the Twenty-first Century," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 117-129, October.
- Kurup, Suresh & Jha, Girish & Singh, Alka, 2015. "Technical and efficiency changes in oilseed sector in India: Implications for policy," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212017, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ornella W. Maietta & Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2017.
"Innovation and University-Firm R&D Collaboration in the European Food and Drink Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 749-780, September.
- Cristian Barra & Ornella Wanda Maietta & Roberto Zotti, 2016. "Innovation and University-Firm R&D Collaboration in the European Food and Drink Industry," CSEF Working Papers 447, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Echeverría, Ruben G. & Elliott, Howard, 2000. "Competitive Funds for Agricultural Research: Are They Achieving What We Want?," 2000 Conference, August 13-18, 2000, Berlin, Germany 197220, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Heisey, Paul W. & Lantican, Maximina A. & Dubin, H. Jesse, 2002. "Impacts of International Wheat Breeding Research in Developing Countries, 1966-97," Impact Studies 7653, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Wallace HUFFMAN & Richard E. JUST, 1995.
"Transaction Costs, Fads, And Politically Motivated Misdirection In Agricultural Research,"
277, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Just, Richard E., 1995. "Transaction Costs, Fads, and Politically Motivated Misdirection in Agricultural Research," ISU General Staff Papers 199506010700001276, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Just, Richard E., 1995. "Transactions Costs, Fads, and Politically Motivated Misdirection in Agricultural Research," Working Papers 197818, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Luft, Leroy, 0. "The Future Of Land Grant Universities: A Response To The Report Of The National Research Council," Increasing Understanding of Public Problems and Policies, Farm Foundation.
- Cox, Michael & Mincey, Sarah & Ruseva, Tatyana & Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio & Fischer, Burney, 2013. "Evaluating the USFS State and Private Forestry Redesign: A first look at policy implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 35-42.
- Muhammad Aamir, Shahzad & Waqar, Akram & Muhammad, Khan, 2016. "Technical Efficiency Analysis of Wheat Farms in the Punjab, Pakistan: DEA Approach," MPRA Paper 81846, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Oct 2017.
- Davis, Jeffrey S. & Oram, Peter A. & Ryan, James G., 1987. "Assessment of Agricultural Research Priorities: An International Perspective," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 118048.
- Anderson, Kym, 1981. "Politicoeconomic Factors Affecting Public Agricultural Research Investment in Developing Countries," 1981 Occasional Paper Series No. 2 197126, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Byerlee, Derek, 1996. "Modern varieties, productivity, and sustainability: Recent experience and emerging challenges," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 697-718, April.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Ruttan, Vernon W., 2010. "The Economics of Innovation and Technical Change in Agriculture," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 939-984, Elsevier.
- Maples, Joshua G. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Peel, Derrell S., 2018. "Unintended consequences of the quest for increased efficiency in beef cattle: When bigger isn’t better," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 65-73.
- Kremer, Michael & Zwane, Alix Peterson, 2005. "Encouraging Private Sector Research for Tropical Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 87-105, January.
- Chand, Ramesh & Kumar, Praduman & Kumar, Sant, 2012. "Total Factor Productivity and Returns to Public Investment on Agricultural Research in India," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 25(2).
- Hussain, S. Sajidin & Byerlee, Derek R., 1995. "Education and Farm Productivity in Post- 'green revolution' Agriculture in Asia," 1994 Conference, August 22-29, 1994, Harare, Zimbabwe 183412, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Aldas Janaiah & Lalith Achoth & Cynthia Bantilan, 2005. "Has the Green Revolution Bypassed Coarse Cereals? The Indian Experience," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(1), pages 20-31.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:6:p:1089-1101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.