The nature of economic development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1993. "Making a Miracle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 251-272, March.
- Nicholas Kaldor, 1955. "Alternative Theories of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 83-100.
- Sen, Amartya, 1988. "The concept of development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 9-26 Elsevier.
- Lance Taylor & Edmar L. Bacha, 1976. "The Unequalizing Spiral: A First Growth Model for Belindia," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(2), pages 197-218.
- Ahluwalia, Montek S, 1976. "Income Distribution and Development: Some Stylized Facts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 128-135, May.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "Losers and Winners in Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 4341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1988. "Alternative approaches to development economics," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 39-71 Elsevier.
- Minford, Patrick & Walters, Alan, 1989. "Modelling the role of government deficits in developing countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 106-173, April.
- Syrquin, Moshe, 1988. "Patterns of structural change," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 203-273 Elsevier.
- Paul Streeten, 1959. "Unbalanced Growth," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 167-190.
- Baumol, William J, 1986.
"Productivity Growth, Convergence, and Welfare: What the Long-run Data Show,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1072-1085, December.
- Baumol, William J., 1985. "Productivity Growth, Convergence and Welfare: What the Long Run Data Show," Working Papers 85-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Papanek, Gustav F. & Kyn, Oldrich, 1986. "The effect on income distribution of development, the growth rate and economic strategy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 55-65, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdelkader Sid Ahmed, 1996. "Le cadre de la coopération de Barcelone : implications pour les économies arabes du Moyen-Orient," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 37(148), pages 919-939.
- Sun Sheng Han & George Ofori, 2001. "Construction industry in China's regional economy, 1990-1998," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 189-205.
- Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 2012. "The Idea of Inclusive Growth and Development Policy:," PSSP working papers 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pasquale Tridico, 2007. "Regional Human Development in transition economics: the role of institutions," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0070, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 1996. "The significance of development economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 975-987, June.
- Pasquale Tridico, 2006. "Institutional change and human development in transition economies," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0059, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:23:y:1995:i:4:p:543-556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .