Network resilience for transport security: Some methodological considerations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Levin, Simon A. & Barrett, Scott & Aniyar, Sara & Baumol, William & Bliss, Christopher & Bolin, Bert & Dasgupta, Partha & Ehrlich, Paul & Folke, Carl & Gren, Ing-Marie & Holling, C.S. & Jansson, Annma, 1998. "Resilience in natural and socioeconomic systems," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 221-262, May.
- Vega-Redondo,Fernando, 2007. "Complex Social Networks," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521857406, December.
- Alan T. Murray & Timothy C. Matisziw & Tony H. Grubesic, 2008. "A Methodological Overview of Network Vulnerability Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 573-592, December.
- Taylor, Michael A.P. & Susilawati,, 2012. "Remoteness and accessibility in the vulnerability analysis of regional road networks," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 761-771.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1998. "The concept of resilience: retrospect and prospect," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 221-262, May.
- Berdica, Katja, 2002. "An introduction to road vulnerability: what has been done, is done and should be done," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 117-127, April.
- Ash, J. & Newth, D., 2007. "Optimizing complex networks for resilience against cascading failure," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 380(C), pages 673-683.
- Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), 2009. "Complexity and Spatial Networks," Advances in Spatial Science, Springer, number 978-3-642-01554-0.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Ostrom, Elinor & Ahn, T. K., 2000. "The concept of scale and the human dimensions of global change: a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 217-239, February.
- Vega-Redondo,Fernando, 2007. "Complex Social Networks," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521674096, December.
- Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), 2006. "Spatial Dynamics, Networks and Modelling," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3887.
- Cox, Andrew & Prager, Fynnwin & Rose, Adam, 2011. "Transportation security and the role of resilience: A foundation for operational metrics," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 307-317, March.
- Timothy Matisziw & Alan Murray & Tony Grubesic, 2009. "Exploring the vulnerability of network infrastructure to disruption," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2), pages 307-321, June.
- Charles Perrings, 1998. "Resilience in the Dynamics of Economy-Environment Systems," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 503-520, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liangang Li & Pingyu Zhang & Xin Li, 2019. "Regional Economic Resilience of the Old Industrial Bases in China—A Case Study of Liaoning Province," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-14, January.
- Li, Zhaolong & Jin, Chun & Hu, Pan & Wang, Cong, 2019. "Resilience-based transportation network recovery strategy during emergency recovery phase under uncertainty," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 503-514.
- Zavitsas, Konstantinos & Zis, Thalis & Bell, Michael G.H., 2018. "The impact of flexible environmental policy on maritime supply chain resilience," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 116-128.
- Lu, Qing-Chang, 2018. "Modeling network resilience of rail transit under operational incidents," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 227-237.
- Kristina NystrÃ¶m, 2018. "Regional resilience to displacements," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(1), pages 4-22, January.
- Cats, Oded & Koppenol, Gert-Jaap & Warnier, Martijn, 2017. "Robustness assessment of link capacity reduction for complex networks: Application for public transport systems," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 544-553.
- Tsai-Yun Liao & Ta-Yin Hu & Yi-No Ko, 2018. "A resilience optimization model for transportation networks under disasters," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 93(1), pages 469-489, August.
- Juan Carlos García-Palomares & Javier Gutiérrez & Juan Carlos Martín & Borja Moya-Gómez, 2018. "An analysis of the Spanish high capacity road network criticality," Transportation, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 1139-1159, July.
- Chen, Hong & Cullinane, Kevin & Liu, Nan, 2017. "Developing a model for measuring the resilience of a port-hinterland container transportation network," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 282-301.
- Rodríguez-Núñez, Eduardo & García-Palomares, Juan Carlos, 2014. "Measuring the vulnerability of public transport networks," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 50-63.
- Daniel Griffith & Yongwan Chun, 2015. "Spatial Autocorrelation in Spatial Interactions Models: Geographic Scale and Resolution Implications for Network Resilience and Vulnerability," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 337-365, June.
- Gopal R. Patil & B. K. Bhavathrathan, 2016. "Effect Of Traffic Demand Variation On Road Network Resilience," Advances in Complex Systems (ACS), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(01n02), pages 1-18, February.
- Morton O’Kelly, 2015. "Network Hub Structure and Resilience," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 235-251, June.
- Zhenhua Chen & Adam Rose, 2018. "Economic resilience to transportation failure: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 1009-1027, July.
- Lin Zhang & Jian Lu & Bai-bai Fu & Shu-bin Li, 2018. "A Review and Prospect for the Complexity and Resilience of Urban Public Transit Network Based on Complex Network Theory," Complexity, Hindawi, vol. 2018, pages 1-36, December.
- Lordan, Oriol & Sallan, Jose M. & Simo, Pep, 2014. "Study of the topology and robustness of airline route networks from the complex network approach: a survey and research agenda," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 112-120.
- Adjetey-Bahun, Kpotissan & Birregah, Babiga & ChÃ¢telet, Eric & Planchet, Jean-Luc, 2016. "A model to quantify the resilience of mass railway transportation systems," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 1-14.
- Reggiani, Aura & Nijkamp, Peter & Lanzi, Diego, 2015. "Transport resilience and vulnerability: The role of connectivity," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 4-15.
- Juan Carlos Martín & Aura Reggiani & Jean-Claude Thill, 2018. "Editorial introduction for the special issue on accessibility, resilience and vulnerability," Transportation, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 1003-1007, July.
- Bíl, Michal & Vodák, Rostislav & Kubeček, Jan & Bílová, Martina & Sedoník, Jiří, 2015. "Evaluating road network damage caused by natural disasters in the Czech Republic between 1997 and 2010," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 90-103.
- Sannamari Pilpola & Vahid Arabzadeh & Jani Mikkola & Peter D. Lund, 2019. "Analyzing National and Local Pathways to Carbon-Neutrality from Technology, Emissions, and Resilience Perspectives—Case of Finland," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-22, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNetwork resilience; Transport security; Complex networks; Connectivity; Policy issues;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:28:y:2013:i:c:p:63-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.