Death by a thousand curb-cuts: Evidence on the effect of minimum parking requirements on the choice to drive
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Golias & George Yannis & Michel Harvatis, 2002. "Off-Street Parking Choice Sensitivity," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 333-348, January.
- Watters, Paul & O'Mahony, Margaret & Caulfield, Brian, 2006. "Response to cash outs for work place parking and work place parking charges," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 503-510, November.
- Arnott, Richard & Inci, Eren, 2006.
"An integrated model of downtown parking and traffic congestion,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 418-442, November.
- Richard Arnott & Eren Inci, 2005. "An Integrated Model of Downtown Parking and Traffic Congestion," NBER Working Papers 11118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Arnott & Eren Inci, 2005. "An Integrated Model of Downtown Parking and Traffic Congestion," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 608, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Shoup, Donald C., 1995. "Cashing out Employer-Paid Parking: An Opportunity to Reduce Minimum Parking Requirements," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4jg417cw, University of California Transportation Center.
- Arnott, Richard & Rowse, John, 2009. "Downtown parking in auto city," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Rachel Weinberger & Frank Goetzke, 2010. "Unpacking Preference: How Previous Experience Affects Auto Ownership in the United States," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(10), pages 2111-2128, September.
- Andrew Kelly, J. & Peter Clinch, J., 2006. "Influence of varied parking tariffs on parking occupancy levels by trip purpose," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 487-495, November.
- Kelly, J. Andrew & Clinch, J. Peter, 2009. "Temporal variance of revealed preference on-street parking price elasticity," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 193-199, August.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9781884829987 is not listed on IDEAS
- Albert, Gila & Mahalel, David, 2006. "Congestion tolls and parking fees: A comparison of the potential effect on travel behavior," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 496-502, November.
- Aldridge, K. & Carreno, M. & Ison, S. & Rye, T. & Straker, I., 2006. "Car parking management at airports: A special case?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 511-521, November.
- Marsden, Greg, 2006. "The evidence base for parking policies--a review," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 447-457, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Quanquan & Conway, Alison & Cheng, Jialei, 2017. "Parking for residential delivery in New York City: Regulations and behavior," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 53-60.
- repec:kap:transp:v:44:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s11116-016-9702-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Shengyuan Zhang & Jimin Zhao, 2016. "Low-Carbon Futures for Shenzhen’s Urban Passenger Transport System," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2016-33, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Jun 2016.
- Christiansen, Petter & Engebretsen, Øystein & Fearnley, Nils & Usterud Hanssen, Jan, 2017. "Parking facilities and the built environment: Impacts on travel behaviour," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 198-206.
- repec:eee:transb:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:107-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederick Guy, 2013.
"Small, Local and Cheap? Walkable and Car-oriented Retail in Competition,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 425-442, February.
- Frederick Guy, 2013. "Small, local and cheap? Walkable and car-oriented retail in competition," Management Working Papers 2, Birkbeck Department of Management, revised Jan 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsParking; Residential parking; Travel behavior; Mode choice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:20:y:2012:i:c:p:93-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.