The impact of regulating mobile termination rates and MNO–MVNO relationships on retail prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2001.
"The evolution of markets under entry and standards regulation -- the case of global mobile telecommunications,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1189-1212, July.
- GRUBER, Harald & VERBOVEN, Frank, "undated". "The evolution of markets under entry and standards regulation - The case of a global mobile telecommunications," Working Papers 1999038, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2000. "The Evolution of Markets Under Entry and Standards Regulation - The Case of Global Mobile Telecommunications," CEPR Discussion Papers 2440, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrick Rey & Jean Tirole, 1998. "Network Competition: I. Overview and Nondiscriminatory Pricing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 1-37, Spring.
- Jan-Arild Audestad & Alexei Gaivoronski & Adrian Werner, 2006. "Extending the stochastic programming framework for the modeling of several decision makers: pricing and competition in the telecommunication sector," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 19-39, February.
- Kim, Byung Woon & Seol, Seong Ho, 2007. "Economic analysis of the introduction of the MVNO system and its major implications for optimal policy decisions in Korea," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 290-304, June.
- Albon, Rob & York, Richard, 2006. "Mobile termination: Market power, externalities and their policy implications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 368-384, August.
- Fernández, Zulima & Usero, Belén, 2009. "Competitive behavior in the European mobile telecommunications industry: Pioneers vs. followers," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 339-347, August.
- Ralf Dewenter & Justus Haucap, 2005. "The Effects of Regulating Mobile Termination Rates for Asymmetric Networks," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 185-197, September.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Cricelli, Livio & Grimaldi, Michele & Ghiron, Nathan Levialdi, 2011. "The competition among mobile network operators in the telecommunication supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 22-29, May.
- Cunningham, Brendan M. & Alexander, Peter J. & Candeub, Adam, 2010. "Network growth: Theory and evidence from the mobile telephone industry," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 91-102, March.
- Armstrong, Mark, 1998. "Network Interconnection in Telecommunications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 545-564, May.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Michael Carter & Julian Wright, 2003. "Asymmetric Network Interconnection," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(1), pages 27-46, February.
- Banerjee, Aniruddha & Dippon, Christian M., 2009. "Voluntary relationships among mobile network operators and mobile virtual network operators: An economic explanation," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 72-84, February.
- Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Maícas, Juan Pablo & Polo, Yolanda, 2008. "The evolution of mobile communications in Europe: The transition from the second to the third generation," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 436-449, July.
- Patrick Degraba, 2003. "Efficient Intercarrier Compensation for Competing Networks When Customers Share the Value of A Call," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 207-230, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erik BOHLIN & Kevin W. CAVES & Jeffrey A. EISENACH, 2014. "Mobile Wireless Performance in the EU and the US: Implications for Policy," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(93), pages 35-58, 1st quart.
More about this item
KeywordsMobile telecommunications industry; Mobile virtual network operators; Retail prices; Regulation; Mobile termination rate; Competition model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:36:y:2012:i:1:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.