Forecasting the socio-economic impact of the Large Hadron Collider: A cost–benefit analysis to 2025 and beyond
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johansson,Per-Olov & KristrÃ¶m,Bengt, 2015. "Cost-Benefit Analysis for Project Appraisal," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107121027, April.
- Claudio E. Montenegro & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2014.
"Comparable Estimates of Returns to Schooling Around the World,"
wp390, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Montenegro, Claudio E. & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2014. "Comparable estimates of returns to schooling around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7020, The World Bank.
- Ben Martin & Puay Tang, 2007. "The benefits from publicly funded research," SPRU Working Paper Series 161, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas, 1987. "The theory of cost-benefit analysis," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.),Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 909-989, Elsevier.
- Richard T. Carson, 2012. "Contingent Valuation: A Practical Alternative When Prices Aren't Available," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 27-42, Fall.
- Johansson,Per-Olov, 1991. "An Introduction to Modern Welfare Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521356954, April.
- Kenneth J. Arrow & Anthony C. Fisher, 1974. "Environmental Preservation, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 312-319.
- Myles,Gareth D., 1995. "Public Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497695, April.
- Dreze, Jean & Stern, Nicholas, 1990. "Policy reform, shadow prices, and market prices," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-45, June.
- Massimo Florio & Chiara Pancotti & Emanuela Sirtori & Silvia Vignetti & Stefano Forte, 2016. "Exploring Cost-Benefit Analysis of Research, Development and Innovation Infrastructures: An Evaluation Framework," Working Papers 201601, CSIL Centre for Industrial Studies.
- Dickson, Matt & Harmon, Colm, 2011.
"Economic returns to education: What We Know, What We Don’t Know, and Where We Are Going—Some brief pointers,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1118-1122.
- Harmon, Colm P., 2011. "Economic Returns to Education: What We Know, What We Don't Know, and Where We Are Going – Some Brief Pointers," IZA Policy Papers 29, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Colm Harmon, 2011. "Economic Returns to Education: What We Know, What We Don’t Know, and Where We Are Going – Some Brief Pointers," Working Papers 201115, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Johansson,Per-Olov & KristrÃ¶m,Bengt, 2015. "Cost-Benefit Analysis for Project Appraisal," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107548220, April.
- Salling, Kim Bang & Leleur, Steen, 2011. "Transport appraisal and Monte Carlo simulation by use of the CBA-DK model," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 236-245, January.
- E. Bacchiocchi & F. Montobbio, 2009.
"Knowledge diffusion from university and public research. A comparison between US, Japan and Europe using patent citations,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 169-181, April.
- Emanuele Bacchiocchi & Fabio Montobbio, 2006. "Knowledge diffusion from university and public research. A comparison between US, Japan and Europe using patent citations," KITeS Working Papers 193, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2006.
- Feller, Irwin & Ailes, Catherine P. & Roessner, J. David, 2002. "Impacts of research universities on technological innovation in industry: evidence from engineering research centers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 457-474, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tiziano CAMPORESI & Gelsomina CATALANO & Massimo FLORIO & Francesco GIFFONI, 2016. "A Professional Premium for LHC Students: Perceptions from within," Departmental Working Papers 2016-07, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano, revised 08 Jun 2016.
- Massimo FLORIO & Francesco GIFFONI, 2017. "Willingness-to-Pay for Science as a Public Good: A Contingent Valuation Experiment," Departmental Working Papers 2017-17, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Castelnovo, Paolo & Florio, Massimo & Forte, Stefano & Rossi, Lucio & Sirtori, Emanuela, 2018. "The economic impact of technological procurement for large-scale research infrastructures: Evidence from the Large Hadron Collider at CERN," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(9), pages 1853-1867.
More about this item
KeywordsCost–benefit analysis; Large Hadron Collider; Technological change; Human capital;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:112:y:2016:i:c:p:38-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.