Technological lock-in, positive institutional feedback, and research on laboratory animals
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heiner, Ronald A, 1985. "Origin of Predictable Behavior: Further Modeling and Applications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 391-96, May.
- North, Douglass C., 1994.
"The historical evolution of polities,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 381-391, December.
- Heiner, Ronald A., 1988. "Imperfect decisions in organizations : Toward a theory of internal structure," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 25-44, January.
- Thomas Banchoff, 2002. "Institutions, Inertia and European Union Research Policy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-21, 03.
- Pierre Garrouste & Stavros Iaonnides, 2001. "Evolution and Path-Dependency in Economic Ideas: Past and Present," Post-Print halshs-00274526, HAL.
- Rabin, Matthew, 1997.
"Psychology and Economics,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt8jd5z5j2, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-37, May.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1989. "Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 116-31, March.
- Walker, William, 2000. "Entrapment in large technology systems: institutional commitment and power relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 833-846, August.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-19, June.
- Douglass C. North, 1993. "Five Propositions about Institutional Change," Economic History 9309001, EconWPA.
- Douglass C. North, 1993. "The New Institutional Economics and Development," Economic History 9309002, EconWPA.
- Altman, Morris, 2000. "A behavioral model of path dependency: the economics of profitable inefficiency and market failure," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 127-145.
- S. J. Liebowitz & Stephen E. Margolis, 1994. "Network Externality: An Uncommon Tragedy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 133-150, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:16:y:2005:i:4:p:557-575. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.