Jackknife estimation with a unit root
We study jackknife estimators in a first-order autoregression with a unit root. Non-overlapping sub-sample estimators have different limit distributions, so the jackknife does not fully eliminate first-order bias. We therefore derive explicit limit distributions of the numerator and denominator to calculate the expectations that determine optimal jackknife weights. Simulations show that the resulting jackknife estimator produces substantial reductions in bias and RMSE.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter C. B. Phillips, 2005.
"Jackknifing Bond Option Prices,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(2), pages 707-742.
- Yu, Jun & Phillips, Peter, 2002. "Jacknifing Bond Option Prices," Working Papers 187, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2003. "Jackknifing Bond Option Prices," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1392, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jun Yu & Peter Phillips, 2004. "Jackknifing Bond Option Prices," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 115, Econometric Society.
- Chambers, Marcus J & Kyriacou, Maria, 2010. "Jackknife Bias Reduction in the Presence of a Unit Root," Economics Discussion Papers 2785, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
- Jensen, J. L. & Wood, Andrew T. A., 1997. "On the non-existence of a Bartlett correction for unit root tests," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 181-187, September.
- Bravo, F., 1998.
"A Correction factor for unit root test statistics,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
9809, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- repec:esx:essedp:685 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:7:p:1677-1682. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.