Jackknife estimation with a unit root
We study jackknife estimators in a first-order autoregression with a unit root. Non-overlapping sub-sample estimators have different limit distributions, so the jackknife does not fully eliminate first-order bias. We therefore derive explicit limit distributions of the numerator and denominator to calculate the expectations that determine optimal jackknife weights. Simulations show that the resulting jackknife estimator produces substantial reductions in bias and RMSE.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bravo, Francesco, 1999.
"A Correction Factor For Unit Root Test Statistics,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 218-227, April.
- Bravo, F., 1998. "A Correction factor for unit root test statistics," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9809, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
- Yu, Jun & Phillips, Peter, 2002.
"Jacknifing Bond Option Prices,"
187, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2003. "Jackknifing Bond Option Prices," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1392, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jun Yu & Peter Phillips, 2004. "Jackknifing Bond Option Prices," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 115, Econometric Society.
- Jensen, J. L. & Wood, Andrew T. A., 1997. "On the non-existence of a Bartlett correction for unit root tests," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 181-187, September.
- Chambers, Marcus J & Kyriacou, Maria, 2010. "Jackknife Bias Reduction in the Presence of a Unit Root," Economics Discussion Papers 2785, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- repec:esx:essedp:685 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:7:p:1677-1682. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.