Normal reference bandwidths for the general order, multivariate kernel density derivative estimator
This note derives the general form of the asymptotic approximate mean integrated squared error for the q-variate, νth-order kernel density rth derivative estimator. This formula allows for normal reference rule-of-thumb bandwidths to be derived. We give tables for some of the most common cases in the literature.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521355643 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E., 2005. "Exact Mean Integrated Squared Error Of Higher Order Kernel Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 1031-1057, December.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8355.
- Duong, Tarn & Cowling, Arianna & Koch, Inge & Wand, M.P., 2008. "Feature significance for multivariate kernel density estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(9), pages 4225-4242, May.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521586115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel J. Henderson & Christopher F. Parmeter, 2010.
"Canonical Higher-Order Kernels for Density Derivative Estimation,"
2011-14, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Parmeter, Christopher F., 2012. "Canonical higher-order kernels for density derivative estimation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(7), pages 1383-1387.
- Masry, Elias, 1996. "Multivariate regression estimation local polynomial fitting for time series," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 81-101, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:12:p:2198-2205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.