The Role of the Board in Building Strategic Capability: Towards an Integrated Model of Sport Governance Research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Papadimitriou, Dimitra & Taylor, Peter, 2000. "Organisational Effectiveness of Hellenic National Sports Organisations: A Multiple Constituency Approach," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 23-46, May.
- Philip Stiles, 2001. "The Impact of the Board on Strategy: An Empirical Examination," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5), pages 627-650, July.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- C. B. Ingley & N. T. Van der Walt, 2001. "The Strategic Board: the changing role of directors in developing and maintaining corporate capability," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 174-185, July.
- Harry J. Sapienza & M. Audrey Korsgaard & Philip K. Goulet & Jeffrey P. Hoogendam, 2000. "Effects of agency risks and procedural justice on board processes in venture capital-backed firms," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 331-351, October.
- Nicholas Walt & Coral Ingley, 2003. "Board Dynamics and the Influence of Professional Background, Gender and Ethnic Diversity of Directors," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 218-234, July.
- Skinner, James & Stewart, Bob & Edwards, Allan, 1999. "Amateurism to Professionalism: Modelling Organisational Change in Sporting Organisations," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 173-192, November.
- Shilbury, David, 2000. "Considering Future Sport Delivery Systems," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 199-221, November.
- Hoye, Russell & Cuskelly, Graham, 2003. "Board-Executive Relationships within Voluntary Sport Organisations," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 53-73, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yeh, Chien Mu & Taylor, Tracy & Hoye, Russell, 2009. "Board roles in organisations with a dual board system: Empirical evidence from Taiwanese nonprofit sport organisations," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 91-100, May.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David, 2010. "Developing board strategic capability in sport organisations: The national-regional governing relationship," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, August.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:5:p:497-509 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dowling, Mathew & Edwards, Jonathon & Washington, Marvin, 2014. "Understanding the concept of professionalisation in sport management research," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 520-529.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David, 2015. "Board strategic balance: An emerging sport governance theory," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 489-500.
- Schulz, John & Auld, Christopher, 2006. "Perceptions of Role Ambiguity by Chairpersons and Executive Directors in Queensland Sporting Organisations," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 183-201, September.
- Obonyo Mark Ouche & David Odhiambo Oima & Moses Oginda, 2016. "Effect of Strategic Planning on Annual Income of National Sports Federations in Kenya," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 6(5), pages 41-64, May.
- A. Balduck & A. Van Rossem & M. Buelens, 2009. "Identifying Competencies Of Volunteer Board Members Of Community Sports Clubs," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/559, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
More about this item
Keywordsgovernance boards volunteers strategic capability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:8:y:2005:i:3:p:195-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.