The Impact of the Board on Strategy: An Empirical Examination
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 38 (2001)
Issue (Month): 5 (07)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=00022-2380|
- Daniel Johanson, 2008. "Corporate governance and board accounts: exploring a neglected interface between boards of directors and management," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 12(4), pages 343-380, November.
- Schwartz-Ziv, Miriam & Weisbach, Michael S., 2011.
"What Do Boards Really Do? Evidence from Minutes of Board Meetings,"
Working Paper Series
2011-19, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Miriam Schwartz-Ziv & Michael Weisbach, 2011. "What do Boards Really Do? Evidence from Minutes of Board Meetings," NBER Working Papers 17509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niamh Brennan, 2006. "Boards of Directors and Firm Performance: is there an expectations gap?," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(6), pages 577-593, November.
- Niamh Brennan, 2006. "Boards of directors and firm performance : is there an expectations gap?," Open Access publications 10197/2904, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David, 2010. "Developing board strategic capability in sport organisations: The national-regional governing relationship," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, August.
- Wirtz, Peter, 2011. "The cognitive dimension of corporate governance in fast growing entrepreneurial firms," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 431-447.
- Peter Wirtz, 2011. "The cognitive dimension of corporate governance in fast growing entrepreneurial firms," Post-Print halshs-00642749, HAL.
- Wan, M. & Li, J., 23. "Challenges and the opportunitiesfor the Chinese value-added wood products companies," Scandinavian Forest Economics: Proceedings of the Biennial Meeting of the Scandinavian Society of Forest Economics, Scandinavian Society of Forest Economics, issue 44, May.
- Howard Frederick & Erik Monsen, 2011. "New Zealand’s perfect storm of entrepreneurship and economic development," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 187-204, September.
- Verica Babić & Jelena Nikolić & Jelena Erić, 2011. "Rethinking Board Roles Performance: Towards Integrative Model," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 56(190), pages 140-162, July – Se.
- Ji, Jiao & Talavera, Oleksandr & Yin, Shuxing, 2016. "CEO Dismissal, Compensation and Topics of Board Meetings: The Case of China," MPRA Paper 70232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Yong & Aguilera, Ruth V., 2008. "Target Director Turnover in Acquisitions: A Conceptual Framework," Working Papers 08-0106, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Sharon Kemp, 2010. "Driving Strategy or Just Going through the Motions: An Empirical Study of Boardrooms in the UK," International Journal of Business Administration, International Journal of Business Administration, Sciedu Press, vol. 1(1), pages 2-18, November.
- Etienne Redor, 2015. "Does board diversity matter? Evidence from the market reaction to directors' departures," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 1434-1442.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David & McDonald, Gael, 2005. "The Role of the Board in Building Strategic Capability: Towards an Integrated Model of Sport Governance Research," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 195-225, November.
- Muhammad Imran Nazir & Muhammad Zulfiqar & Muhammad Bilal Saeed & Yasir Habib, 2016. "The Influence of Board Characteristics on Shareholders Assessment of Risk for Small and Large Firms: Evidence from Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 596-606.
- Kallifatides, Markus & Petrelius Karlberg, Pernilla, 2012. "What makes for a value-creating corporate board? A literature synthesis and suggestions for research," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2012:1, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 25 Jun 2013.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David, 2015. "Board strategic balance: An emerging sport governance theory," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 489-500.
- Szymon Kaczmarek & Satomi Kimino & Annie Pye, 2014. "Interlocking directorships and firm performance in highly regulated sectors: the moderating impact of board diversity," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(2), pages 347-372, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:38:y:2001:i:5:p:627-650. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed