Development through Sport: Building Social Capital in Disadvantaged Communities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Productivity Commission, 2003. "Social capital: reviewing the concept and its policy implications," Public Economics 0307001, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruening, Jennifer E. & Peachey, Jon Welty & Evanovich, Justin M. & Fuller, Rhema D. & Murty, Cassandra J. Coble & Percy, Vernon E. & Silverstein, Lauren A. & Chung, Michael, 2015. "Managing sport for social change: The effects of intentional design and structure in a sport-based service learning initiative," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-85.
- Raquel Amorim & Valentín Molina-Moreno & Antonio Peña-García, 2016. "Proposal for Sustainable Dynamic Lighting in Sport Facilities to Decrease Violence among Spectators," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-10, December.
- Darcy, S. & Maxwell, H. & Edwards, M. & Onyx, J. & Sherker, S., 2014. "More than a sport and volunteer organisation: Investigating social capital development in a sporting organisation," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 395-406.
- Vörös, Tünde, 2017.
"Költség-haszon elemzési keretrendszer sportberuházások társadalmi-gazdasági értékeléséhez
[An economic framework for cost-benefit analysis of sports facilities]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 394-420.
- Dalton, Bronwen & Wilson, Rachel & Evans, John Robert & Cochrane, Steve, 2015. "Australian Indigenous youth's participation in sport and associated health outcomes: Empirical analysis and implications," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 57-68.
- repec:eee:touman:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:304-313 is not listed on IDEAS
- Welty Peachey, Jon & Borland, John & Lobpries, Jami & Cohen, Adam, 2015. "Managing impact: Leveraging sacred spaces and community celebration to maximize social capital at a sport-for-development event," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 86-98.
- Kitchin, P.J. & David Howe, P., 2013. "How can the social theory of Pierre Bourdieu assist sport management research?," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 123-134.
- repec:cog:socinc:v:5:y:2017:i:2:p:130-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schulenkorf, Nico, 2012. "Sustainable community development through sport and events: A conceptual framework for Sport-for-Development projects," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-12.
- Thomson, Alana & Darcy, Simon & Pearce, Sonya, 2010. "Ganma theory and third-sector sport-development programmes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth: Implications for sports management," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 313-330, November.
- Hickey, Gráinne & McGilloway, Sinead & O’Brien, Morgan & Leckey, Yvonne & Devlin, Maurice, 2015. "A theory-based evaluation of a community-based funding scheme in a disadvantaged suburban city area," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 61-69.
- Berg, Brennan K. & Warner, Stacy & Das, Bhibha M., 2015. "What about sport? A public health perspective on leisure-time physical activity," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 20-31.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:3:p:243-251 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lock, Daniel & Filo, Kevin & Kunkel, Thilo & Skinner, James, 2013. "Thinking about the same things differently: Examining perceptions of a non-profit community sport organisation," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 438-450.
- Chisun Yoo & Sugie Lee, 2016. "Neighborhood Built Environments Affecting Social Capital and Social Sustainability in Seoul, Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-22, December.
- Schulenkorf, Nico, 2010. "The roles and responsibilities of a change agent in sport event development projects," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 118-128, May.
- Edwards, Michael B., 2015. "The role of sport in community capacity building: An examination of sport for development research and practice," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 6-19.
- Dowling, Mathew & Edwards, Jonathon & Washington, Marvin, 2014. "Understanding the concept of professionalisation in sport management research," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 520-529.
- Kuang-Hua Hu & Fu-Hsiang Chen & Gwo-Hshiung Tzeng, 2016. "Evaluating the Improvement of Sustainability of Sports Industry Policy Based on MADM," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-21, June.
More about this item
Keywordscommunity sport social capital policy clubs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:11:y:2008:i:3:p:253-275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .