Where wealth matters more for health: The wealth–health gradient in 16 countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James Smith, 2005. "Consequences and Predictors of New Health Events," NBER Chapters,in: Analyses in the Economics of Aging, pages 213-240 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2007.109637_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Hurd & Arie Kapteyn, 2003. "Health, Wealth, and the Role of Institutions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(2).
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand, 2006.
"The Wealth And Asset Holdings Of U.S.-Born And Foreign-Born Households: Evidence From Sipp Data,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 17-42, March.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent A., 2002. "The Wealth and Asset Holdings of U.S.- Born and Foreign-Born Households: Evidence from SIPP Data," IZA Discussion Papers 674, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent Hildebrand, 2003. "The Wealth and Asset Holdings of U.S.-Born and Foreign-Born Households: Evidence from SIPP Data," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 89, McMaster University.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent, 2003. "The wealth and asset holdings of U.S.-born and foreign-born households: Evidence from SIPP data," IRISS Working Paper Series 2003-07, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:9:1491-1498_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Adams & Michael D. Hurd & Daniel L. McFadden & Angela Merrill & Tiago Ribeiro, 2004.
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise? Tests for Direct Causal Paths between Health and Socioeconomic Status,"
NBER Chapters,in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 415-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Peter & Hurd, Michael D. & McFadden, Daniel & Merrill, Angela & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2003. "Healthy, wealthy, and wise? Tests for direct causal paths between health and socioeconomic status," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-56, January.
- Babones, Salvatore J., 2008. "Income inequality and population health: Correlation and causality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 1614-1626, April.
- Laaksonen, Mikko & Tarkiainen, Lasse & Martikainen, Pekka, 2009. "Housing wealth and mortality: A register linkage study of the Finnish population," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 754-760, September.
- Wildman, John, 2003. "Modelling health, income and income inequality: the impact of income inequality on health and health inequality," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 521-538, July.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & Bleichrodt, Han & Calonge, Samuel & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna & Hakkinen, Unto & Leu, Robert E., 1997. "Income-related inequalities in health: some international comparisons," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 93-112, February.
- John Wildman, 2001. "The impact of income inequality on individual and societal health: absolute income, relative income and statistical artefacts," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 357-361.
- Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik, 1997. "Indicators of socio-economic position and their relation to mortality in Sweden," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(12), pages 1757-1766, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.139469_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huisman, Martijn & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P., 2003. "Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity among the elderly; a European overview," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 861-873, September.
- Michael Hurd & Arie Kapteyn, 2003.
"Health, Wealth, and the Role of Institutions,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(2).
- Michael Hurd & Arie Kapteyn, 2003. "Health, Wealth, and the Role of Institutions," Working Papers 03-09, RAND Corporation.
- Subramanian, S. V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kennedy, Bruce P., 2001. "Does the state you live in make a difference? Multilevel analysis of self-rated health in the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 9-19, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0572-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maskileyson, Dina, 2014. "Healthcare system and the wealth–health gradient: A comparative study of older populations in six countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 18-26.
- Sharon Merkin & Hadar Arditi-Babchuk & Tamy Shohat, 2015. "Neighborhood socioeconomic status and self-rated health in Israel: the Israel National Health Interview Survey," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 60(6), pages 651-658, September.
- Präg, Patrick & Mills, Melinda C. & Wittek, Rafael, 2016. "Subjective socioeconomic status and health in cross-national comparison," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 84-92.
- Jennifer Kohn & Susan Averett, 2014. "Can’t We Just Live Together? New Evidence on the Effect of Relationship Status on Health," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 295-312, September.
- Ingrid Majerová, 2017. "Composite Development Index of Visegrad Group Regions," Working Papers 0045, Silesian University, School of Business Administration.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth gradient; Physical health; Cross-national comparison; Health inequality; Health development; Multilevel analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:81:y:2013:i:c:p:10-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .