Public financial support receipt and non-medical resource utilization in Alzheimer's disease results from the PLASA study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C., 2008. "Informal care and Medicare expenditures: Testing for heterogeneous treatment effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 134-156, January.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2008.
"Informal and formal care among single-living elderly in Europe,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 393-409.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2007. "Informal and Formal Care among Single-living Elderly in Europe," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hanaoka, Chie & Norton, Edward C., 2008. "Informal and formal care for elderly persons: How adult children's characteristics affect the use of formal care in Japan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1002-1008, September.
- Joseph E. Gaugler & Robert L. Kane & Robert Newcomer, 2007. "Resilience and Transitions From Dementia Caregiving," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 62(1), pages 38-44.
- Heitmueller, Axel & Inglis, Kirsty, 2007. "The earnings of informal carers: Wage differentials and opportunity costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 821-841, July.
- van den Berg, Bernard & Al, Maiwenn & Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Koopmanschap, Marc, 2005. "Economic valuation of informal care: The conjoint measurement method applied to informal caregiving," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 1342-1355, September.
- Bernard van den Berg & Pol Spauwen, 2006. "Measurement of informal care: an empirical study into the valid measurement of time spent on informal caregiving," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-460.
- van den Berg, Bernard & Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Koopmanschap, Marc & van den Bos, Geertrudis A.M. & Rutten, Frans, 2006. "Economic valuation of informal care: Lessons from the application of the opportunity costs and proxy good methods," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 835-845, February.
- Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Colditz, Graham A. & Rimm, Eric B. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Jones, Camara P. & Kawachi, Ichiro, 2004. "Employment status, social ties, and caregivers' mental health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(7), pages 1247-1256, April.
- O'Reilly, Dermot & Connolly, Sheelah & Rosato, Michael & Patterson, Chris, 2008. "Is caring associated with an increased risk of mortality? A longitudinal study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1282-1290, October.
- Stabile, Mark & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C., 2006. "Household responses to public home care programs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 674-701, July.
- Morgan, Debra G. & Semchuk, Karen M. & Stewart, Norma J. & D'Arcy, Carl, 2002. "Rural families caring for a relative with dementia: barriers to use of formal services," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 1129-1142, October.
- Wimo, Anders & von Strauss, Eva & Nordberg, Gunilla & Sassi, Franco & Johansson, Lennarth, 2002. "Time spent on informal and formal care giving for persons with dementia in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 255-268, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louis Arnault & Andreas Goltz, 2017. "Can formal home care reduce the burden of informal care for elderly dependents? Evidence from France," Working Papers hal-01458362, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13164 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roquebert, Q. & Tenand, M., 2016. "Pay less, consume more? Estimating the price elasticity of demand for home care services of the disabled elderly," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/16, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Manuel, Ruiz-Adame Reina & M. Carmen, González-Camacho & Alfredo Mainar-Causapé, 2015. "An analysis of caregiver profile and its impact on employment situation: primary caregivers of patients of Alzheimer´s and other dementias in the South Western of Spain," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 1, pages 1-1, December.
- Rapp, Thomas & Chauvin, Pauline & Sirven, Nicolas, 2015. "Are public subsidies effective to reduce emergency care? Evidence from the PLASA study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 31-37.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11722 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFrance Alzheimer's disease Informal care Dementia Health policy Resource use Substitution effect Older people;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:8:p:1310-1316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .