The family environment and American adolescents' risk of obesity as young adults
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Variyam, Jayachandran N., 2001. "Overweight Children: Is Parental Nutrition Knowledge a Factor?," Food Review/ National Food Review, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, vol. 24(2), pages 1-5.
- Singh-Manoux, Archana & Marmot, Michael, 2005. "Role of socialization in explaining social inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(9), pages 2129-2133, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:5:807-813_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kendall, Garth E. & Li, Jianghong, 2005. "Early childhood socialization and social gradients in adult health: A commentary on Singh-Manoux and Marmot's "Role of socialization in explaining social inequalities in health" (60: 9, 2005," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(11), pages 2272-2276, December.
- Schneider, Dona, 2000. "International trends in adolescent nutrition," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 955-967, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Price, Joseph & Swigert, Jeffrey, 2012. "Within-family variation in obesity," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 333-339.
- Sun, Yu & You, Wen, 2016. "Relative-deprivation effects on child health in China," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235926, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lee, Chioun & Ryff, Carol D., 2016. "Early parenthood as a link between childhood disadvantage and adult heart problems: A gender-based approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 58-66.
- Bodea, Tudor D. & Garrow, Laurie A. & Meyer, Michael D. & Ross, Catherine L., 2009. "Socio-demographic and built environment influences on the odds of being overweight or obese: The Atlanta experience," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 430-444, May.
- Tudor Bodea & Laurie Garrow & Michael Meyer & Catherine Ross, 2008. "Explaining obesity with urban form: a cautionary tale," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 179-199, March.
- Kolodinsky, Jane M. & Castle, Jeffrey, 2014. "Mother/Child Eating and Drinking Patterns by Weight and Ethnicity," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169803, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsUS Adolescents Obesity Overweight Family environment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:63:y:2006:i:9:p:2255-2267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.