Assessing the effects of power grid expansion on human health externalities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alnatheer, Othman, 2006. "Environmental benefits of energy efficiency and renewable energy in Saudi Arabia's electric sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 2-10, January.
- Rowe, Robert D. & Lang, Carolyn M. & Chestnut, Lauraine G., 1996. "Critical factors in computing externalities for electricity resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 363-394, December.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Krupnick, Alan & Palmer, Karen & Paul, Anthony & Toman, Michael & Bloyd, Cary, 2003. "Ancillary benefits of reduced air pollution in the US from moderate greenhouse gas mitigation policies in the electricity sector," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 650-673, May.
- Fell, Harrison & Linn, Joshua, 2013.
"Renewable electricity policies, heterogeneity, and cost effectiveness,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 688-707.
- Harrison Fell & Joshua Linn, 2012. "Renewable Electricity Policies, Heterogeneity, and Cost Effectiveness," Working Papers 2012-07, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Karunanithi, K. & Saravanan, S. & Prabakar, B.R. & Kannan, S. & Thangaraj, C., 2017. "Integration of Demand and Supply Side Management strategies in Generation Expansion Planning," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 966-982.
- Alves, Laura Araujo & Uturbey, Wadaed, 2010. "Environmental degradation costs in electricity generation: The case of the Brazilian electrical matrix," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6204-6214, October.
- Nguyen, Khanh Q., 2008. "Internalizing externalities into capacity expansion planning: The case of electricity in Vietnam," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 740-746.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2015. "A multi-period, multi-regional generation expansion planning model incorporating unit commitment constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 310-331.
- Luz, Thiago & Moura, Pedro & de Almeida, Aníbal, 2018. "Multi-objective power generation expansion planning with high penetration of renewables," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2637-2643.
- Hemmati, Reza & Saboori, Hedayat & Jirdehi, Mehdi Ahmadi, 2016. "Multistage generation expansion planning incorporating large scale energy storage systems and environmental pollution," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 636-645.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nguyen, Hieu T. & Felder, Frank A., 2020. "Generation expansion planning with renewable energy credit markets: A bilevel programming approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 276(C).
- Yan, Xiangbin & Qiu, Hui & Peng, Rui & Wu, Shaomin, 2020. "Optimal configuration of a power grid system with a dynamic performance sharing mechanism," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 193(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rodgers, Mark D. & Coit, David W. & Felder, Frank A. & Carlton, Annmarie, 2018. "Generation expansion planning considering health and societal damages – A simulation-based optimization approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 951-963.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S., 2018. "State-of-the-art generation expansion planning: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 563-589.
- Chen, Siyuan & Liu, Pei & Li, Zheng, 2019. "Multi-regional power generation expansion planning with air pollutants emission constraints," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 382-394.
- Vakilifard, Negar & A. Bahri, Parisa & Anda, Martin & Ho, Goen, 2019. "An interactive planning model for sustainable urban water and energy supply," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 332-345.
- Dongmin Son & Joonrak Kim & Bongju Jeong, 2019. "Optimal Operational Strategy for Power Producers in Korea Considering Renewable Portfolio Standards and Emissions Trading Schemes," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-24, May.
- Ji, Ling & Huang, Guo-He & Xie, Yu-Lei & Niu, Dong-Xiao & Song, Yi-Hang, 2017. "Explicit cost-risk tradeoff for renewable portfolio standard constrained regional power system expansion: A case study of Guangdong Province, China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 125-136.
- Javadi, Mohammad Sadegh & Razavi, Seyed-Ehsan & Ahmadi, Abdollah & Siano, Pierluigi, 2019. "A novel approach for distant wind farm interconnection: Iran South-West wind farms integration," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 737-750.
- Sadeghi, Hadi & Rashidinejad, Masoud & Abdollahi, Amir, 2017. "A comprehensive sequential review study through the generation expansion planning," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1369-1394.
- Vrionis, Constantinos & Tsalavoutis, Vasilios & Tolis, Athanasios, 2020. "A Generation Expansion Planning model for integrating high shares of renewable energy: A Meta-Model Assisted Evolutionary Algorithm approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 259(C).
- Tong Koecklin, Manuel & Fitiwi, Desta & de Carolis, Joseph F. & Curtis, John, 2020. "Renewable electricity generation and transmission network developments in light of public opposition: Insights from Ireland," Papers WP653, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E., 2019. "Review of models for integrating renewable energy in the generation expansion planning," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 1573-1587.
- Fan, Jing-Li & Wang, Jia-Xing & Hu, Jia-Wei & Wang, Yu & Zhang, Xian, 2019. "Optimization of China’s provincial renewable energy installation plan for the 13th five-year plan based on renewable portfolio standards," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Oree, Vishwamitra & Sayed Hassen, Sayed Z. & Fleming, Peter J., 2017. "Generation expansion planning optimisation with renewable energy integration: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 790-803.
- Fitiwi, Desta & Lynch, Muireann Á. & Bertsch, Valentin, 2019. "Optimal development of electricity generation mix considering fossil fuel phase-out and strategic multi-area interconnection," Papers WP616, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Christian Gambardella & Michael Pahle & Wolf-Peter Schill, 2016. "Do Benefits from Dynamic Tariffing Rise? Welfare Effects of Real-Time Pricing under Carbon-Tax-Induced Variable Renewable Energy Supply," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1621, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carsten Helm & Mathias Mier, 2020. "Steering the Energy Transition in a World of Intermittent Electricity Supply: Optimal Subsidies and Taxes for Renewables Storage," ifo Working Paper Series 330, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Farrokhifar, Meisam & Nie, Yinghui & Pozo, David, 2020. "Energy systems planning: A survey on models for integrated power and natural gas networks coordination," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 262(C).
- Solaymani, Saeed, 2019. "CO2 emissions patterns in 7 top carbon emitter economies: The case of transport sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 989-1001.
- Bonilla, Jorge & Coria, Jessica & Sterner, Thomas, 2012. "Synergies and Trade-offs between Climate and Local Air Pollution: Policies in Sweden," Working Papers in Economics 529, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- J. West & Arlene Fiore & Larry Horowitz, 2012. "Scenarios of methane emission reductions to 2030: abatement costs and co-benefits to ozone air quality and human mortality," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 441-461, October.
More about this item
KeywordsGeneration expansion planning; Applied optimization; Health damages; Simulation; Pollutant emissions;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:66:y:2019:i:c:p:92-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.