The impact of Universal Service Obligations and International Cross-subsidies on the dispersion of telephone services in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Madden, Gary & Coble-Neal, Grant & Dalzell, Brian, 2004.
"A dynamic model of mobile telephony subscription incorporating a network effect,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 133-144, March.
- Madden, Gary G & Coble-Neal, Grant & Dalzell, Brian, 2004. "A dynamic model of mobile telephony subscription incorporating a network effect," MPRA Paper 10829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ros, Agustin J. & Banerjee, Aniruddha, 2000. "Telecommunications privatization and tariff rebalancing: evidence from Latin America," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 233-252, April.
- Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W., 2000.
"Competition, universal service and telecommunications policy in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-248, September.
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William W., 1999. "Competition, Universal Service and Telecommunications Policy in Developing Countries," IDEI Working Papers 92, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Cain, Paul & Macdonald, James M, 1991. "Telephone Pricing Structures: The Effects on Universal Service," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 293-308, December.
- Goussal, Darío M. & Lezcano, María Sandra Udrízar, 2000. "Network decompensation and regional imbalances in rate reform processes: a case study in South America," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(8-9), pages 669-698, September.
- Bjorn Wellenius, 2002. "Closing the Gap in Access to Rural Communications : Chile 1995-2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14058.
- Carlos A. Primo Braga & Emmanuel Forestier & Peter A. Stern, 1999. "Developing Countries and Accounting Rates Reform : A Technological and Regulatory El Niño?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11499, The World Bank.
- Peha, Jon M., 1999. "Tradable universal service obligations," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 363-374, June.
- Kayani, R. & Dymond, A., 1997. "Options for Rural Telecommunications Development," Papers 359, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & N'Gbo, Ake, 2000. "Cross-subsidies and network expansion in developing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 797-805, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nakamura, Akihiro, 2013. "Retaining telecommunication services when universal service is defined by functionality: Japanese consumers' willingness-to-pay," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 662-672.
More about this item
KeywordsRural telecommunications System dynamics Developing countries; Universal Service Obligations Cross-Subsidies Telecom policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:44:y:2010:i:2:p:57-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .