The role of institutional design in the conduct of infrastructure industries reforms - An illustration through telecommunications in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mariano Tommasi & Pablo T. Spiller, 2004. "The Institutions of Regulation," Working Papers 67, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Mar 2004.
- Gutierrez, Luis Hernando, 2003. "The Effect of Endogenous Regulation on Telecommunications Expansion and Efficiency in Latin America," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 257-286, May.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Newey, Whitney & Rosen, Harvey S, 1989.
"The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 415-429, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Whitney K. Newey & Harvey S. Rosen, 1987. "The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data," NBER Working Papers 2180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to demonstrate IV estimation of VAR in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTZ00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Stern, Jon & Cubbin, John, 2005. "Regulatory effectiveness : the impact of regulation and regulatory governance arrangements on electricity industry outcomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3536, The World Bank.
- Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W., 2000.
"Competition, universal service and telecommunications policy in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-248, September.
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William W., 1999. "Competition, Universal Service and Telecommunications Policy in Developing Countries," IDEI Working Papers 92, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Laffont,Jean-Jacques, 2005. "Regulation and Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521840187, December.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2003.
"An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-466, December.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2002. "An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2909, The World Bank.
- Gasmi, Farid & Recuero Virto, Laura, 2005. "Telecommunications Technologies: Deployment in Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 2443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Farid Gasmi & Paul Noumba Um & Laura Recuero Virto, 2009.
"Political Accountability and Regulatory Performance in Infrastructure Industries: An Empirical Analysis,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 23(3), pages 509-531, October.
- Gasmi, Farid & Noumba Um, Paul & Virto, Laura Recuero, 2006. "Political accountability and regulatory performance in infrastructure industries : an empirical analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4101, The World Bank.
- Emerson, Patrick M., 2006. "Corruption, competition and democracy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 193-212, October.
- Evans, Joanne & Levine, Paul & Trillas, Francesc, 2008.
"Lobbies, delegation and the under-investment problem in regulation,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 17-40, January.
- Joanne Evans & Paul Levine & Fransesc Trillas, 2006. "Lobbies, Delegation and the Under-investment Problem in Regulation," School of Economics Discussion Papers 2006, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical accountability; reforms; infrastructure industries; developing countries;
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- L97 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Utilities: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-01-24 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-01-24 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-REG-2009-01-24 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12881. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .