Learned helplessness, discouraged workers, and multiple unemployment equilibria
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 35 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Layard, R. & Nickell, S., 1991.
"Unemployment in the OECD Countries,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99130, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Goldsmith, Arthur H. & Veum, Jonathan R. & Darity, William Jr., 1995. "Are being unemployed and being out of the labor force distinct states?: A psychological approach," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 275-295, July.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1982. "Increasing Returns and the Foundations of Unemployment Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 787-804, December.
- Oliver Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1989. "The Beveridge Curve," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 1-76.
- William Darity, Jr. & Arthur H. Goldsmith, 1993. "Unemployment, Social Psychology, and Unemployment Hysteresis," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 16(1), pages 55-71, October.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-59, May.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 2000.
"Well-Being Over Time in Britain and the USA,"
NBER Working Papers
7487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2001. "Well-Being Over Time in Britain and the USA," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 616, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Manning, Alan, 1992.
"Multiple equilibria in the British labour market : Some empirical evidence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1333-1365, October.
- Manning, Alan, 1991. "Multiple Equilibria in the British Labour Market: Some Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manning, Alan, 1990. "Imperfect Competition, Multiple Equilibria and Unemployment Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(400), pages 151-62, Supplemen.
- Pissarides, Christopher A, 1987. "Search, Wage Bargains and Cycles," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 473-83, July.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1999. "Equilibrium Unemployment Dynamics," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(4), pages 889-914, November.
- Winkelmann, Liliana & Winkelmann, Rainer, 1998. "Why Are the Unemployed So Unhappy? Evidence from Panel Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 1-15, February.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1995.
"The High Unemployment Trap,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 110(2), pages 527-50, May.
- Petrongolo, Barbara, 2001.
"Reemployment Probabilities and Returns to Matching,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 716-41, July.
- Barbara Petrongolo, 1998. "Re-employment Probabilities and Returns to Matching," CEP Discussion Papers dp0406, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Petrongolo, Barbara, 1999. "Re-Employment Probabilities and Returns to Matching," CEPR Discussion Papers 2266, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- P. Diamond, 1980.
"Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium,"
268, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- William A. Darity & Arthur H. Goldsmith, 1996. "Social Psychology, Unemployment and Macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 121-140, Winter.
- Baum, Andrew & Fleming, Raymond & Reddy, Diane M., 1986. "Unemployment stress: Loss of control, reactance and learned helplessness," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 509-516, January.
- Goldsmith, Arthur H. & Veum, Jonathan R. & Darity, William Jr., 1996. "The psychological impact of unemployment and joblessness," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 333-358.
- Coles, Melvyn & Masters, Adrian, 2000. "Retraining and long-term unemployment in a model of unlearning by not doing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1801-1822, October.
- Goldsmith, Arthur H. & Veum, Jonathan R. & William Darity, Jr., 1996. "The impact of labor force history on self-esteem and its component parts, anxiety, alienation and depression," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 183-220, April.
- Platt, Stephen, 1984. "Unemployment and suicidal behaviour: A review of the literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 93-115, January.
- Pissarides, C A, 1979. "Job Matchings with State Employment Agencies and Random Search," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 818-33, December.
- Andolfatto, David, 1996. "Business Cycles and Labor-Market Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 112-32, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:35:y:2006:i:3:p:458-475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.