Environmental control, wage inequality and national welfare in a tourism economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neary, J Peter, 2002. "Foreign Competition and Wage Inequality," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 680-693, November.
- Feenstra, Robert C & Hanson, Gordon H, 1996. "Globalization, Outsourcing, and Wage Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 240-245, May.
- Beladi, Hamid & Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 2001. "Tariff-induced capital inflow and welfare in the presence of unemployment and informal sector," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 51-60, January.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur & Hazari, Bharat R. & Laffargue, Jean-Pierre, 2009.
"Tourism and the environment,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 39-49, January.
- Bharat R. Hazari & Jean-Pierre Laffargue & Chi-Chur Chao & Hamid Beladi, 2009. "Tourism and the environment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00645281, HAL.
- Davis, Donald R., 1998.
"Technology, unemployment, and relative wages in a global economy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1613-1633, November.
- Donald R. Davis, 1996. "Technology, Unemployment, and Relative Wages in a Global Economy," NBER Working Papers 5636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 1997. "Trade Liberalization in Oligopolistic Competition with Unemployment: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(2), pages 479-496, May.
- Francois, Joseph F & Nelson, Douglas, 1998.
"Trade, Technology, and Wages: General Equilibrium Mechanics,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1483-1499, September.
- Joseph F. Francois & Douglas Nelson, 1998. "Trade, Technology, and Wages: General Equilibrium Mechanics," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-058/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Francois, Joseph & Nelson, Doug R, 1998. "Trade, Technology and Wages: General Equilibrium Mechanics," CEPR Discussion Papers 1919, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Konishi, Hideki & Okuno-Fujiwara, Masahiro & Suzumura, Kotaro, 1990. "Oligopolistic competition and economic welfare : A general equilibrium analysis of entry regulation and tax-subsidy schemes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 67-88, June.
- Sugata Marjit & Hamid Beladi & Avik Chakrabarti, 2004. "Trade and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 295-303, April.
- Xu, Bin, 2003. "Trade liberalization, wage inequality, and endogenously determined nontraded goods," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 417-431, August.
- Wood Júnior, Thomaz, 1995. "Workers," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 35(2), March.
- Jones, Ronald W., 2012. "Real wages and non-traded goods," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 177-185.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2011.
"To integrate with a high- or low-wage country: That is the question,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 792-799, October.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2011. "To Integrate with a High- Or Low-Wage Country: That is the Question," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34998, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jota Ishikawa & Kazuharu Kiyono, 2006. "Greenhouse-Gas Emission Controls In An Open Economy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 431-450, May.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Adrian Wood, 1995. "How Trade Hurt Unskilled Workers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 57-80, Summer.
- Hamid Beladi & Ralph Frasca, 1999. "Pollution control under an urban binding minimum wage," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 33(4), pages 523-533.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beladi, Hamid & Liu, Lu & Oladi, Reza, 2013. "On pollution permits and abatement," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 302-305.
- Cyrus Chu, C.Y. & Lai, Ching-Chong & Liao, Chih-Hsing, 2014. "How could the non-sustainable Easter Island have been sustained?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 161-174.
- Petit, Sylvain, 2016. "International trade in services and inequalities: Empirical evaluation and role of tourism services," MPRA Paper 75206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental control; Wage inequality; Welfare; Tourism;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:22:y:2012:i:1:p:201-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .