To integrate with a high- or low-wage country: That is the question
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2011. "To Integrate with a High- Or Low-Wage Country: That is the Question," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34998, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric A. Verhoogen, 2008.
"Trade, Quality Upgrading, and Wage Inequality in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 123(2), pages 489-530.
- Verhoogen, Eric A, 2007. "Trade, Quality Upgrading and Wage Inequality in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector," CEPR Discussion Papers 6385, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Verhoogen, Eric, 2007. "Trade, Quality Upgrading and Wage Inequality in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector," IZA Discussion Papers 2913, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eric W. Bond & Raymond G. Riezman & Constantinos Syropoulos, 2013.
"A strategic and welfare theoretic analysis of free trade areas,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade Agreements and Political Economy, chapter 8, pages 101-127
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Bond, Eric W. & Riezman, Raymond G. & Syropoulos, Constantinos, 2004. "A strategic and welfare theoretic analysis of free trade areas," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-27, October.
- Utsav Kumar & Prachi Mishra, 2008.
"Trade Liberalization and Wage Inequality: Evidence from India,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 291-311, May.
- Prachi Mishra & Utsav Kumar, 2005. "Trade Liberalization and Wage Inequality; Evidence From India," IMF Working Papers 05/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Pablo Acosta & Leonardo Gasparini, 2007.
"Capital Accumulation, Trade Liberalization, and Rising Wage Inequality: The Case of Argentina,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 793-812.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Pablo Acosta, 2004. "Capital Accumulation, Trade Liberalization and Rising Wage Inequality: The Case of Argentina," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0005, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Ethier, Wilfred J., 1984. "Higher dimensional issues in trade theory," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 131-184 Elsevier.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2008. "Factor growth and equalized factor prices," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 517-528, October.
- Robert W. Staiger & Kyle Bagwell, 1999. "An Economic Theory of GATT," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 215-248, March.
- Neary, J Peter, 1985. "Two-by-Two International Trade Theory with Many Goods and Factors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1233-1247, September.
- Wood Júnior, Thomaz, 1995. "Workers," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 35(2), March.
- Levy, Philip I, 1997. "A Political-Economic Analysis of Free-Trade Agreements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 506-519, September.
- Wolfgang F. Stolper & Paul A. Samuelson, 1941. "Protection and Real Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 58-73.
- Tahir Abdi, 2007. "Trade liberalization, technology, relative factor supplies and the relative wage: evidence from the South," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(19), pages 2451-2463.
- A. D. Woodland, 1980. "Direct and Indirect Trade Utility Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(5), pages 907-926.
- Slaughter, Matthew J, 1997. "Per Capita Income Convergence and the Role of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 194-199, May.
- Reza Oladi & Hamid Beladi, 2008. "Is Regionalism Viable? A Case for Global Free Trade," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 293-300, May.
- Choi, E. Kwan, 2003. "Implications of Many Industries in the Heckscher-Ohlin Model," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11379, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Matthew J. Slaughter, 1997. "Per Capita Income Convergence and the Role of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 5897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1996. "Wage Inequality from International Competition and Technological Change: Theory and Country Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 309-314, May.
- Adrian Wood, 1995. "How Trade Hurt Unskilled Workers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 57-80, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Laffargue, Jean-Pierre & Sgro, Pasquale M., 2012. "Environmental control, wage inequality and national welfare in a tourism economy," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 201-207.
More about this item
KeywordsIntegrate High-wage Income distribution;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:20:y:2011:i:4:p:792-799. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .