A comparative analysis of cost change for low-cost, full-service, and other carriers in the US airline industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Margaret Peteraf & Randal Reed, 2008. "Regulatory reform and managerial choice: an analysis of the cost savings from airline deregulation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2-3), pages 99-116.
- David Good & M. Nadiri & Lars-Hendrik Röller & Robin Sickles, 1993.
"Efficiency and productivity growth comparisons of European and U.S. Air carriers: A first look at the data,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 115-125, June.
- Good, D.H. & Nadiri, M.I. & Roller, L.H. & Sickles, R., 1992. "Efficiency and Productivity Growth Comparisons of European and U.S. Air Carriers : A First Look at the Data," Working Papers 92-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Severin Borenstein, 1992. "The Evolution of U.S. Airline Competition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 45-73, Spring.
- Hirsch, Barry T & Macpherson, David A, 2000. "Earnings, Rents, and Competition in the Airline Labor Market," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 125-155, January.
- Michael Denny & M. Fuss & C. Everson & L. Waverman, 1981. "Estimating the Effects of Diffusion of Technological Innovations in Telecommunications: The Production Structure of Bell Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 24-43, February.
- Gillen David, 2006. "Airline Business Models and Networks: Regulation, Competition and Evolution in Aviation Markets," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(4), pages 1-20, December.
- Gillen, David & Gados, Alicja, 2008. "Airlines within airlines: Assessing the vulnerabilities of mixing business models," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 25-35.
- Mason, Keith J. & Morrison, William G., 2008. "Towards a means of consistently comparing airline business models with an application to the [`]low cost' airline sector," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 75-84.
- Theodore E. Keeler, 1972. "Airline Regulation and Market Performance," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 3(2), pages 399-424, Autumn.
- Tsoukalas, Gerassimos & Belobaba, Peter & Swelbar, William, 2008. "Cost convergence in the US airline industry: An analysis of unit costs 1995â€“2006," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 179-187.
- Pitfield, D.E., 2008. "Some insights into competition between low-cost airlines," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 5-14.
- Keeler, Theodore E, 1974. "Railroad Costs, Returns to Scale, and Excess Capacity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 201-208, May.
- Elizabeth E. Bailey, 2002. "Aviation Policy: Past and Present," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 12-20, July.
- Pels, Eric, 2008. "Airline network competition: Full-service airlines, low-cost airlines and long-haul markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 68-74.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Yu, Chunyan, 1995. "A productivity comparison of the world's major airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 181-195.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
- repec:sen:journl:v:13:y:2012:i:2:p:133-160 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transa:v:119:y:2019:i:c:p:214-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transa:v:117:y:2018:i:c:p:142-157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chantal Roucolle & Tatiana Seregina & Miguel Urdanoz, 2017. "Measuring Airline Networks: Comprehensive Indicators," Post-Print hal-01822938, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsAirlines; Costs; Productivity; Low-cost carriers; Full-service carriers;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:56:y:2016:i:c:p:25-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.