Railroad Costs, Returns to Scale, and Excess Capacity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Uguccioni, 2016. "Firm-level Total Factor Productivity Growth: Canadian Freight Railways, 1986 to 2009," CSLS Research Reports 2016-08, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Bitzan, John D., 1997. "Railroad Cost Considerations and the Benefits/Costs of Mergers," MPC Report 231799, North Dakota State University, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute.
- William Dougan, 1984. "Railway abandonments, cross-subsidies, and the theory of regulation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 297-305, January.
- Waters II, William G., 2007. "Evolution of Railroad Economics," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 11-67, January.
- Soltwedel, Rüdiger & Busch, Axel & Groß, Alexander & Laaser, Claus-Friedrich, 1987. "Zur staatlichen Marktregulierung in der Bundesrepublik," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1085, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Chris Nash, 2011. "Competition and Regulation in Rail Transport," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 33 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bitzan, John D. & Wilson, Wesley W., 2007. "A Hedonic Cost Function Approach to Estimating Railroad Costs," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 69-95, January.
- Bereskin, C.Gregory, 2007. "Railroad Capital Stock Changes in the Post-Deregulation Period," Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 46(1).
- James Uguccioni, 2016. "Estimating Total Factor Productivity Growth: Canadian Freight Railways, 1986 to 2009," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 30, pages 77-97, Spring.
- Talley, Wayne K. & Ng, ManWo & Marsillac, Erika, 2014. "Port service chains and port performance evaluation," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 236-247.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Mark Schankerman, 1980. "Variable Cost Functions and the Rate of Return to Quasi-Fixed Factors: An Application to R and D in the Bell System," NBER Working Papers 0597, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Betancor, Ofelia & Carmona, Miguel & Macário, Rosário & Nash, Chris, 2005. "Operating Costs," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 85-124, January.
- Richard C. Levin, 1981. "Regulation, Barriers to Exit, and the Investment Behavior of Railroads," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in Public Regulation, pages 181-230 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emmanuel, Bougna Tchofo & Crozet, Yves, 2014. "Beyond the “bundling vs unbundling” controversy: What is at stake for the French railway?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 393-400.
- Bitzan, John & Peoples, James, 2016. "A comparative analysis of cost change for low-cost, full-service, and other carriers in the US airline industry," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 25-41.
- Bitzan, John D & Keeler, Theodore E, 2007. "Economies of Density and Regulatory Change in the U.S. Railroad Freight Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 157-179, February.
- Wilson, Wesley W. & Bitzan, John, 2003. "Industry Costs and Consolidation: Efficiency Gains and Mergers in the Railroad Industry," MPC Report 231700, North Dakota State University, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute.
- Link, Heike & Nilsson, Jan-Eric, 2005. "Infrastructure," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-83, January.
- Gaynor, Martin & Anderson, Gerard F., 1995.
"Uncertain demand, the structure of hospital costs, and the cost of empty hospital beds,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 291-317, August.
- Martin Gaynor & Gerard F. Anderson, 1993. "Uncertain Demand, The Structure of Hospital Costs, and the Cost of EmptyHospital Beds," NBER Working Papers 4460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yinger, John, 2015. "Hedonic markets and sorting equilibria: Bid-function envelopes for public services and neighborhood amenities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 9-25.
- Bitzan, John, 2000. "Railroad Cost Conditions: Implications for Policy," UGPTI Department Publication 231804, North Dakota State University, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:56:y:1974:i:2:p:201-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .