No project is an island: linking projects to history and context
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dvir, D. & Lipovetsky, S. & Shenhar, A. & Tishler, A., 1998. "In search of project classification: a non-universal approach to project success factors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 915-935, December.
- Hobday, Mike, 1998. "Product complexity, innovation and industrial organisation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 689-710, February.
- Maylor, Harvey, 2001. "Beyond the Gantt chart:: Project management moving on," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 92-100, February.
- Genus, Audley, 1997. "Managing large-scale technology and inter-organizational relations: The case of the Channel Tunnel," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 169-189, May.
- De Maio, Adriano & Verganti, Roberto & Corso, Mariano, 1994. "A multi-project management framework for new product development," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 178-191, October.
- Aaron J. Shenhar, 2001. "One Size Does Not Fit All Projects: Exploring Classical Contingency Domains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(3), pages 394-414, March.
- Pinto, Jeffrey K. & Kharbanda, Om P., 1995. "Lessons for an accidental profession," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 41-50.
- Kreiner, Kristian, 1995. "In search of relevance: Project management in drifting environments," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 335-346, December.
- Lundin, Rolf A. & Söderholm, Anders, 1995. "A theory of the temporary organization," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 437-455, December.
- Packendorff, Johann, 1995. "Inquiring into the temporary organization: New directions for project management research," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 319-333, December.
- Gann, David M. & Salter, Ammon J., 2000. "Innovation in project-based, service-enhanced firms: the construction of complex products and systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 955-972, August.
- Davies, Andrew & Brady, Tim, 2000. "Organisational capabilities and learning in complex product systems: towards repeatable solutions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 931-953, August.
- Løwendahl, Bente R., 1995. "Organizing the Lillehammer Olympic Winter games," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 347-362, December.
- Kadefors, Anna, 1995. "Institutions in building projects: Implications for flexibility and change," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 395-408, December.
- Hobday, Mike, 2000. "The project-based organisation: an ideal form for managing complex products and systems?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 871-893, August.
- Graham Winch & Aalia Usmani & Andrew Edkins, 1998. "Towards total project quality: a gap analysis approach," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 193-207.
- Barlow, James, 2000. "Innovation and learning in complex offshore construction projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 973-989, August.
- Shenhar, Aaron J. & Dvir, Dov, 1996. "Toward a typological theory of project management," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 607-632, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Bekkum, Sjoerd & Pennings, Enrico & Smit, Han, 2009.
"A real options perspective on R&D portfolio diversification,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1150-1158, September.
- Sjoerd van Bekkum & Enrico Pennings & Han Smit, 2007. "A Real Options Perspective on R&D Portfolio Diversification," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-003/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 15 May 2009.
- van Bekkum, S. & Pennings, H.P.G. & Smit, J.T.J., 2009. "A Real Options Perspective On R&D Portfolio Diversification," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-019-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:8:p:1399-1415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Busscher, Tim & Tillema, Taede & Arts, Jos, 2015. "In search of sustainable road infrastructure planning: How can we build on historical policy shifts?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 42-51.
- Galeazzo, Ambra & Furlan, Andrea & Vinelli, Andrea, 2014. "Understanding environmental-operations integration: The case of pollution prevention projects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 149-160.
- Raven, Rob, 2007. "Niche accumulation and hybridisation strategies in transition processes towards a sustainable energy system: An assessment of differences and pitfalls," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2390-2400, April.
- Cacciatori, Eugenia, 2008. "Memory objects in project environments: Storing, retrieving and adapting learning in project-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1591-1601, October.
- Hugo Priemus & Marian Bosch-Rekveldt & Mendel Giezen, 2013. "Dealing with the complexity, uncertainties and risk of megaprojects: redundancy, resilience and adaptivity," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Mega-Projects, chapter 5, pages 83-110 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aga, Deribe Assefa, 2016. "Factors affecting the success of development projects : A behavioral perspective," Other publications TiSEM 867ae95e-d53d-4a68-ad46-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:4:p:717-734 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Chung-Yang & Liu, Heng-An & Song, Je-Yi, 2013. "Integrated projects planning in IS departments: A multi-period multi-project selection and assignment approach with a computerized implementation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(3), pages 683-694.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:5:p:965-979 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barclay, Corlane & Osei-Bryson, Kweku-Muata, 2010. "Project performance development framework: An approach for developing performance criteria & measures for information systems (IS) projects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 272-292, March.
- Sylvain Lenfle, 2017. "Projects, Agency and the Multi-Level Perspective," Post-Print hal-01574741, HAL.
- Mathijs De Vaan & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2013.
"Clustering and firm performance in project-based industries: the case of the global video game industry , 1972--2007,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(6), pages 965-991, November.
- Mathijs De Vaan & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2012. "Clustering and firm performance in project-based industries: The case of the global video game industry, 1972-2007," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1221, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Nov 2012.
- Hermano, Víctor & Martín-Cruz, Natalia, 2016. "The role of top management involvement in firms performing projects: A dynamic capabilities approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3447-3458.
- Corsi Christian, 2008. "Il research project management," wp.comunite 0044, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Blindenbach-Driessen, Floortje & van den Ende, Jan, 2006. "Innovation in project-based firms: The context dependency of success factors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 545-561, May.
- Fitria Astuti Firman, 2017. "The Government Policies Effect on Initiation and Implementation of the Project: A Conceptual Model," GATR Journals jmmr136, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- de Vaan, Mathijs, 2014. "Interfirm networks in periods of technological turbulence and stability," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 1666-1680.
- Gil, Nuno, 2007. "On the value of project safeguards: Embedding real options in complex products and systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 980-999, September.
- Kouévi, A.T. & Van Mierlo, B. & Leeuwis, C. & Vodouhê, S.D., 2013. "The design of a contextualized responsive evaluation framework for fishery management in Benin," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 15-28.
- Cuijpers, Maarten & Guenter, Hannes & Hussinger, Katrin, 2011.
"Costs and benefits of inter-departmental innovation collaboration,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 565-575, May.
- Cuijpers, Maarten & Guenter, Hannes & Hussinger, Katrin, 2011. "Costs and benefits of inter-departmental innovation collaboration," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-003, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Fanny Simon & Albéric Tellier, 2016. "Balancing contradictory temporality during the unfold of innovation streams," Post-Print hal-01572302, HAL.
- Ibert, Oliver, 2004. "Projects and firms as discordant complements: organisational learning in the Munich software ecology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1529-1546, December.
- Ackermann, Fran & Howick, Susan & Quigley, John & Walls, Lesley & Houghton, Tom, 2014. "Systemic risk elicitation: Using causal maps to engage stakeholders and build a comprehensive view of risks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(1), pages 290-299.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:32:y:2003:i:5:p:789-808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.