One Size Does Not Fit All Projects: Exploring Classical Contingency Domains
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert D. Dewar & Jane E. Dutton, 1986. "The Adoption of Radical and Incremental Innovations: An Empirical Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(11), pages 1422-1433, November.
- Richard L. Daft & Robert H. Lengel, 1986. "Organizational Information Requirements, Media Richness and Structural Design," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(5), pages 554-571, May.
- Dvir, D. & Lipovetsky, S. & Shenhar, A. & Tishler, A., 1998. "In search of project classification: a non-universal approach to project success factors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 915-935, December.
- Kenneth E. Boulding, 1956. "General Systems Theory--The Skeleton of Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 197-208, April.
- L. J. Bourgeois, III & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1988. "Strategic Decision Processes in High Velocity Environments: Four Cases in the Microcomputer Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 816-835, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anjar Priyono, 2016. "The use of ICT platforms to promote knowledge exchange in project-based organisations," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, VSP Ostrava, a. s., vol. 4(2), pages 5-21, December.
- Chang, Dae Ryun & Cho, Hang, 2008. "Organizational memory influences new product success," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 13-23, January.
- Engwall, Mats, 2003. "No project is an island: linking projects to history and context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 789-808, May.
- Galeazzo, Ambra & Furlan, Andrea & Vinelli, Andrea, 2014. "Understanding environmental-operations integration: The case of pollution prevention projects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 149-160.
- Badir, Yuosre F. & Büchel, Bettina & Tucci, Christopher L., 2009. "The performance impact of intra-firm organizational design on an alliance's NPD projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1350-1364, October.
- Hugo Priemus & Marian Bosch-Rekveldt & Mendel Giezen, 2013. "Dealing with the complexity, uncertainties and risk of megaprojects: redundancy, resilience and adaptivity," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Mega-Projects, chapter 5, pages 83-110 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aga, Deribe Assefa, 2016. "Factors affecting the success of development projects : A behavioral perspective," Other publications TiSEM 867ae95e-d53d-4a68-ad46-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:eee:touman:v:64:y:2018:i:c:p:335-345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scott F. Rockart & Nilanjana Dutt, 2015. "The rate and potential of capability development trajectories," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 53-75, January.
- Gil, Nuno & Tether, Bruce S., 2011. "Project risk management and design flexibility: Analysing a case and conditions of complementarity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 415-428, April.
- Rodríguez-Segura, Enrique & Ortiz-Marcos, Isabel & Romero, José Javier & Tafur-Segura, Javier, 2016. "Critical success factors in large projects in the aerospace and defense sectors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5419-5425.
- Sylvain Lenfle, 2008. "Exploration and Project Management," Post-Print hal-00404168, HAL.
- Sinyagin, Yury & Sheburakov, I.B., 2017. "Mechanisms and Tools for the Formation of Effective Project Teams in the Executive Authorities of the Subjects of the Russian Federation," Working Papers 061704, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Pascal Le Masson & Sylvain Lenfle & Benoit Weil, 2013. "Testing whether major innovation capabilities are systemic design capabilities: analyzing rule-renewal design capabilities in a case-control study of historical new business developments," Post-Print hal-00881700, HAL.
- Ellinas, Christos & Allan, Neil & Johansson, Anders, 2016. "Project systemic risk: Application examples of a network model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 50-62.
- Nemet, Gregory F. & Johnson, Evan, 2012. "Do important inventions benefit from knowledge originating in other technological domains?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 190-200.
- Blome, Wendy Whiting & Steib, Sue D., 2014. "The organizational structure of child welfare: Staff are working hard, but it is hardly working," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 181-188.
- Christopher Durney & Richard Donnelly, 2015. "Managing the Effects of Rapid Technological Change on Complex Information Technology Projects," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(4), pages 641-664, December.
- Nelson, Richard Graham & Azaron, Amir & Aref, Samin, 2016. "The use of a GERT based method to model concurrent product development processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(2), pages 566-578.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2008-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:6:d:10.1057_jors.2010.12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evelyn J. Barry & Chris F. Kemerer & Sandra A. Slaughter, 2006. "Environmental Volatility, Development Decisions, and Software Volatility: A Longitudinal Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(3), pages 448-464, March.
- Indranil R. Bardhan & Vish V. Krishnan & Shu Lin, 2007. "Project Performance and the Enabling Role of Information Technology: An Exploratory Study on the Role of Alignment," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 579-595, May.
- Hans, E.W. & Herroelen, W. & Leus, R. & Wullink, G., 2007. "A hierarchical approach to multi-project planning under uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 563-577, October.
More about this item
KeywordsProject Management; Contingency Theory; Project Types; Project Classification; Technological Uncertainty; System Complexity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:47:y:2001:i:3:p:394-414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .