Forecasting new and renewable energy supply through a bottom-up approach: The case of South Korea
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Islam, Mazharul & Fartaj, Amir & Ting, David S. -K., 2004. "Current utilization and future prospects of emerging renewable energy applications in Canada," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 493-519, December.
- Meijer, Ineke S.M. & Hekkert, Marko P. & Koppenjan, Joop F.M., 2007. "The influence of perceived uncertainty on entrepreneurial action in emerging renewable energy technology; biomass gasification projects in the Netherlands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5836-5854, November.
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei, 2009. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions, and economic growth in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2706-2712, August.
- Christiansen, Atle Christer, 2002. "New renewable energy developments and the climate change issue: a case study of Norwegian politics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 235-243, February.
- Kazem, Hussein A., 2011. "Renewable energy in Oman: Status and future prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3465-3469.
- Park, Sang Yong & Yun, Bo-Yeong & Yun, Chang Yeol & Lee, Duk Hee & Choi, Dong Gu, 2016. "An analysis of the optimum renewable energy portfolio using the bottom–up model: Focusing on the electricity generation sector in South Korea," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 319-329.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Huacuz, Jorge M., 2005. "The road to green power in Mexico--reflections on the prospects for the large-scale and sustainable implementation of renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2087-2099, November.
- Kira R. Fabrizio, 2013. "The Effect of Regulatory Uncertainty on Investment: Evidence from Renewable Energy Generation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 765-798, August.
- Uyterlinde, Martine A. & Junginger, Martin & de Vries, Hage J. & Faaij, Andre P.C. & Turkenburg, Wim C., 2007. "Implications of technological learning on the prospects for renewable energy technologies in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4072-4087, August.
- Hua, Jian & Wu, Yi-Hsuan & Jin, Pang-Fu, 2008. "Prospects for renewable energy for seaborne transportation—Taiwan example," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1056-1063.
- Bhattacharya, S.C. & Jana, Chinmoy, 2009. "Renewable energy in India: Historical developments and prospects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 981-991.
- Klinge Jacobsen, Henrik, 1998. "Integrating the bottom-up and top-down approach to energy-economy modelling: the case of Denmark," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 443-461, September.
- Llera, E. & Scarpellini, S. & Aranda, A. & Zabalza, I., 2013. "Forecasting job creation from renewable energy deployment through a value-chain approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 262-271.
- Harijan, Khanji & Uqaili, Mohammad A. & Memon, Mujeebuddin & Mirza, Umar K., 2011. "Forecasting the diffusion of wind power in Pakistan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 6068-6073.
- Azadeh, A. & Babazadeh, R. & Asadzadeh, S.M., 2013. "Optimum estimation and forecasting of renewable energy consumption by artificial neural networks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 605-612.
- McFarland, J. R. & Reilly, J. M. & Herzog, H. J., 2004. "Representing energy technologies in top-down economic models using bottom-up information," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 685-707, July.
- Gross, Robert, 2004. "Technologies and innovation for system change in the UK: status, prospects and system requirements of some leading renewable energy options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(17), pages 1905-1919, November.
- Barry L. Bayus, 1993. "High-Definition Television: Assessing Demand Forecasts for a Next Generation Consumer Durable," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(11), pages 1319-1333, November.
- Nic Rivers & Mark Jaccard, 2005. "Combining Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches to Energy-Economy Modeling Using Discrete Choice Methods," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 83-106.
- Kazem, Hussein A. & Chaichan, Miqdam T., 2012. "Status and future prospects of renewable energy in Iraq," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 6007-6012.
- Kumbaroglu, Gürkan & Madlener, Reinhard & Demirel, Mustafa, 2008.
"A real options evaluation model for the diffusion prospects of new renewable power generation technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1882-1908, July.
- Gürkan Kumbaroglu & Reinhard Madlener & Mustafa Demirel, 2004. "A Real Options Evaluation Model for the Diffusion Prospects of New Renewable Power Generation Technologies," CEPE Working paper series 04-35, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2008. "Combining bottom-up and top-down," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 574-596, March.
- Huh, Sung-Yoon & Lee, Jongsu & Shin, Jungwoo, 2015. "The economic value of South Korea׳s renewable energy policies (RPS, RFS, and RHO): A contingent valuation study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 64-72.
- Dai, Hancheng & Mischke, Peggy & Xie, Xuxuan & Xie, Yang & Masui, Toshihiko, 2016. "Closing the gap? Top-down versus bottom-up projections of China’s regional energy use and CO2 emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1355-1373.
- Frei, Christoph W. & Haldi, Pierre-Andre & Sarlos, Gerard, 2003. "Dynamic formulation of a top-down and bottom-up merging energy policy model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1017-1031, August.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomos F., 2009. "Integrated assessment of energy policies: Decomposing top-down and bottom-up," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1648-1661, September.
- Park, JaeHyun & Hong, TaeHoon, 2013. "Analysis of South Korea’s economic growth, carbon dioxide emission, and energy consumption using the Markov switching model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 543-551.
- Gurung, Anup & Kumar Ghimeray, Amal & Hassan, Sedky H.A., 2012. "The prospects of renewable energy technologies for rural electrification: A review from Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 374-380.
- Rao, K. Usha & Kishore, V.V.N., 2010. "A review of technology diffusion models with special reference to renewable energy technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 1070-1078, April.
- Aguilar, Francisco X. & Cai, Zhen, 2010. "Exploratory analysis of prospects for renewable energy private investment in the U.S," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1245-1252, November.
- Huh, Sung-Yoon & Lee, Chul-Yong, 2014. "Diffusion of renewable energy technologies in South Korea on incorporating their competitive interrelationships," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 248-257.
- Barradale, Merrill Jones, 2010. "Impact of public policy uncertainty on renewable energy investment: Wind power and the production tax credit," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7698-7709, December.
- Ashraf Chaudhry, M. & Raza, R. & Hayat, S.A., 2009. "Renewable energy technologies in Pakistan: Prospects and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1657-1662, August.
- Resch, Gustav & Held, Anne & Faber, Thomas & Panzer, Christian & Toro, Felipe & Haas, Reinhard, 2008. "Potentials and prospects for renewable energies at global scale," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4048-4056, November.
- K Hossain, A & Badr, O, 2007. "Prospects of renewable energy utilisation for electricity generation in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 1617-1649, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:appene:v:197:y:2017:i:c:p:29-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:1107-1118 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNew and renewable energy; Demand forecasting; Renewable energy consumption; Bottom-up approach; Innovation diffusion model; South Korea;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:207-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.