Cost-effectiveness as energy policy mechanisms: The paradox of technology-neutral and technology-specific policies in the short and long term
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ibenholt, Karin, 2002. "Explaining learning curves for wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(13), pages 1181-1189, October.
- Farooq, Muhammad Khalid & Kumar, S. & Shrestha, Ram M., 2013. "Energy, environmental and economic effects of Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) in a Developing Country," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 989-1001.
- Polzin, Friedemann & Migendt, Michael & Täube, Florian A. & von Flotow, Paschen, 2015.
"Public policy influence on renewable energy investments—A panel data study across OECD countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 98-111.
- Friedemann Polzin & Michael Migendt & Paschen von Flotow & Florian Taübe, 2015. "Public policy influence on renewable energy investments-A panel data study across OECD countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/197763, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chowdhury, Sanjeeda & Sumita, Ushio & Islam, Ashraful & Bedja, Idriss, 2014. "Importance of policy for energy system transformation: Diffusion of PV technology in Japan and Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 285-293.
- Rego, Erik Eduardo, 2013. "Reserve price: Lessons learned from Brazilian electricity procurement auctions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 217-223.
- Haas, Reinhard & Resch, Gustav & Panzer, Christian & Busch, Sebastian & Ragwitz, Mario & Held, Anne, 2011. "Efficiency and effectiveness of promotion systems for electricity generation from renewable energy sources – Lessons from EU countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2186-2193.
- Rego, Erik Eduardo & Parente, Virginia, 2013. "Brazilian experience in electricity auctions: Comparing outcomes from new and old energy auctions as well as the application of the hybrid Anglo-Dutch design," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 511-520.
- Mastropietro, Paolo & Batlle, Carlos & Barroso, Luiz A. & Rodilla, Pablo, 2014. "Electricity auctions in South America: Towards convergence of system adequacy and RES-E support," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 375-385.
- Wong, S.L. & Ngadi, Norzita & Abdullah, Tuan Amran Tuan & Inuwa, I.M., 2015. "Recent advances of feed-in tariff in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 42-52.
- Wang, Tan & Gong, Yu & Jiang, Chuanwen, 2014. "A review on promoting share of renewable energy by green-trading mechanisms in power system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 923-929.
- Yu, C.F. & van Sark, W.G.J.H.M. & Alsema, E.A., 2011. "Unraveling the photovoltaic technology learning curve by incorporation of input price changes and scale effects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 324-337, January.
- Kylili, Angeliki & Fokaides, Paris A., 2015. "Competitive auction mechanisms for the promotion renewable energy technologies: The case of the 50MW photovoltaics projects in Cyprus," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 226-233.
- Muhammad-Sukki, Firdaus & Abu-Bakar, Siti Hawa & Munir, Abu Bakar & Mohd Yasin, Siti Hajar & Ramirez-Iniguez, Roberto & McMeekin, Scott G. & Stewart, Brian G. & Sarmah, Nabin & Mallick, Tapas Kumar & , 2014. "Feed-in tariff for solar photovoltaic: The rise of Japan," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 636-643.
- Stockmayer, Gabriella & Finch, Vanessa & Komor, Paul & Mignogna, Rich, 2012. "Limiting the costs of renewable portfolio standards: A review and critique of current methods," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 155-163.
- Ferioli, F. & Schoots, K. & van der Zwaan, B.C.C., 2009. "Use and limitations of learning curves for energy technology policy: A component-learning hypothesis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2525-2535, July.
- Nielsen, Steffen & Sorknæs, Peter & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2011. "Electricity market auction settings in a future Danish electricity system with a high penetration of renewable energy sources – A comparison of marginal pricing and pay-as-bid," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4434-4444.
- Schelly, Chelsea, 2014. "Implementing renewable energy portfolio standards: The good, the bad, and the ugly in a two state comparison," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 543-551.
- del Río, Pablo & Cerdá, Emilio, 2014. "The policy implications of the different interpretations of the cost-effectiveness of renewable electricity support," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 364-372.
- Moreno, R. & Barroso, L.A. & Rudnick, H. & Mocarquer, S. & Bezerra, B., 2010. "Auction approaches of long-term contracts to ensure generation investment in electricity markets: Lessons from the Brazilian and Chilean experiences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5758-5769, October.
- Huenteler, Joern, 2014. "International support for feed-in tariffs in developing countries—A review and analysis of proposed mechanisms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 857-873.
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Lauber, Volkmar, 2012. "Assessing the performance of renewable electricity support instruments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 635-644.
- Lin, Jin-Xu & Wen, Pei-Ling & Feng, Chun-Chiang & Lin, Shih-Mo & Ko, Fu-Kuang, 2014. "Policy target, feed-in tariff, and technological progress of PV in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 628-639.
- Buckman, Greg & Sibley, Jon & Bourne, Richard, 2014. "The large-scale solar feed-in tariff reverse auction in the Australian Capital Territory, Australia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 14-22.
- Hua, Yaping & Oliphant, Monica & Hu, Eric Jing, 2016. "Development of renewable energy in Australia and China: A comparison of policies and status," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1044-1051.
- Tanaka, Makoto & Chen, Yihsu, 2013. "Market power in renewable portfolio standards," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 187-196.
- Sun, Peng & Nie, Pu-yan, 2015. "A comparative study of feed-in tariff and renewable portfolio standard policy in renewable energy industry," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 255-262.
- Nemet, Gregory F., 2006. "Beyond the learning curve: factors influencing cost reductions in photovoltaics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3218-3232, November.
- Schmidt, J. & Lehecka, G. & Gass, V. & Schmid, E., 2013. "Where the wind blows: Assessing the effect of fixed and premium based feed-in tariffs on the spatial diversification of wind turbines," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 269-276.
- Mäkelä, Matti & Lintunen, Jussi & Kangas, Hanna-Liisa & Uusivuori, Jussi, 2011. "Pellet promotion in the Finnish sawmilling industry: The cost-effectiveness of different policy instruments," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 185-196, April.
- Kung, Harold H., 2012. "Impact of deployment of renewable portfolio standard on the electricity price in the State of Illinois and implications on policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 425-430.
- Panse, Riddhi & Kathuria, Vinish, 2016. "Role of policy in deployment of wind energy: evidence across states of India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 422-432.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:239-248 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thiel, Christian & Nijs, Wouter & Simoes, Sofia & Schmidt, Johannes & van Zyl, Arnold & Schmid, Erwin, 2016. "The impact of the EU car CO2 regulation on the energy system and the role of electro-mobility to achieve transport decarbonisation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 153-166.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:538-550 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy policy; Feed-in tariff; Auctions; Renewable portfolio standard; Cost-effectiveness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:58:y:2016:i:c:p:1216-1222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.