Enabling smallholder farmers to sustainably improve their food, energy and water nexus while achieving environmental and economic benefits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timsina, J. & Wolf, J. & Guilpart, N. & van Bussel, L.G.J. & Grassini, P. & van Wart, J. & Hossain, A. & Rashid, H. & Islam, S. & van Ittersum, M.K., 2018. "Can Bangladesh produce enough cereals to meet future demand?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 36-44.
- Biggs, Stephen & Justice, Scott, 2015. "Rural and agricultural mechanization: A history of the spread of small engines in selected asian countries:," IFPRI discussion papers 1443, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- M L Jat & Yadvinder Singh & M L Jat & MK Gathala & YS Saharawat & JK Ladha & YS Saharawat, 2019. "Conservation Agriculture in Intensive Rice-Wheat Rotation of Western Indo-Gangetic Plains-Effect on Crop Physiology, Yield, Water Productivity and Economic Profitability," International Journal of Environmental Sciences & Natural Resources, Juniper Publishers Inc., vol. 18(3), pages 88-102, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dutta, S. K & Laing, Alison M. & Kumar, S. & Gathala, Mahesh K. & Singh, Ajoy K. & Gaydon, D.S. & Poulton, P., 2020. "Improved water management practices improve cropping system profitability and smallholder farmers’ incomes," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 242(C).
- Akter, Shaheen & Gathala, Mahesh K. & Timsina, Jagadish & Islam, Saiful & Rahman, Mahbubur & Hassan, Mustafa Kamrul & Ghosh, Anup Kumar, 2021. "Adoption of conservation agriculture-based tillage practices in the rice-maize systems in Bangladesh," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 21(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Yanyan Liu & Ian Masias, 2018.
"Evolution of Agricultural Mechanization in Vietnam: Insights from a Literature Review and Multiple Rounds of a Farm Household Survey,"
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Liu, Yanyan & Cuong, Nguyen Van & Masias, Ian, 2018. "Evolution of agricultural mechanization in Vietnam: Insights from a literature review and multiple rounds of a farm household survey:," IFPRI discussion papers 1724, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Liu, Yanyan & Nguyen, Cuong Van & Masias, Ian, 2019. "Evolution of agricultural mechanization in Vietnam: Insights from a literature review and multiple rounds of a farm household survey," Project notes 02, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017.
"Overview of the evolution of agricultural mechanization in Nepal: A focus on tractors and combine harvesters,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1662, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hiroyuki Takeshima, 2017. "Overview of the Evolution of Agricultural Mechanization in Nepal: A Focus on Tractors and Combine Harvesters," Working Papers id:11906, eSocialSciences.
- Soltani, A. & Alimagham, S.M. & Nehbandani, A. & Torabi, B. & Zeinali, E. & Zand, E. & Ghassemi, S. & Vadez, V. & Sinclair, T.R. & van Ittersum, M.K., 2020. "Modeling plant production at country level as affected by availability and productivity of land and water," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 183(C).
- Diao, Xinshen & Silver, Jed & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2016. "Agricultural mechanization and agricultural transformation:," IFPRI discussion papers 1527, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Daum, Thomas & Villalba, Roberto & Anidi, Oluwakayode & Mayienga, Sharon Masakhwe & Gupta, Saurabh & Birner, Regina, 2021. "Uber for tractors? Opportunities and challenges of digital tools for tractor hire in India and Nigeria," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 144(C).
- Muhammad Waqar Akram & Nida Akram & Hongshu Wang & Shahla Andleeb & Khalil Ur Rehman & Umair Kashif & Syed Farhaan Hassan, 2020. "Socioeconomics Determinants to Adopt Agricultural Machinery for Sustainable Organic Farming in Pakistan: A Multinomial Probit Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-15, November.
- Sarker, Khokan Kumer & Hossain, Akbar & Timsina, Jagadish & Biswas, Sujit Kumar & Malone, Sparkle L. & Alam, Md. Khairul & Loescher, Henry W. & Bazzaz, Mahfuz, 2020. "Alternate furrow irrigation can maintain grain yield and nutrient content, and increase crop water productivity in dry season maize in sub-tropical climate of South Asia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 238(C).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adhikari, Rajendra Prasad & Shivakoti, Sabnam & Kaphle, Basu Dev & Kumar, Anjani, 2017. "Heterogeneous returns to chemical fertilizer at the intensive margins: Insights from Nepal," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 97-109.
- Assefa, Yared & Yadav, Sudhir & Mondal, Manoranjan K. & Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Parvin, Rokhsana & Sarker, Shilpi R. & Rahman, Mahabubur & Sutradhar, Asish & Prasad, P.V. Vara & Bhandari, Humnath & Sh, 2021. "Crop diversification in rice-based systems in the polders of Bangladesh: Yield stability, profitability, and associated risk," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Martin Rudbeck Jepsen & Matilda Palm & Thilde Bech Bruun, 2019. "What Awaits Myanmar’s Uplands Farmers? Lessons Learned from Mainland Southeast Asia," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-23, February.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017.
"The roles of agroclimatic similarity and returns on scale in the demand for mechanization: Insights from northern Nigeria,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1692, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, H., 2018. "The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns to Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277457, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2019. "The Roles of Agroclimatic Similarity and Returns on Scale in the Demand for Mechanization: Insights from Northern Nigeria," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 303020, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Paudel, Gokul P. & KC, Dilli Bahadur & Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Justice, Scott E. & McDonald, Andrew J., 2019. "Scale-appropriate mechanization impacts on productivity among smallholders: Evidence from rice systems in the mid-hills of Nepal," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 104-113.
- Gulati, Kajal & Lybbert, Travis J. & Spielman, David J., 2017. "Diffusing to level fields: Evolution of laser land leveling technology markets in India," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258387, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gathala, Mahesh K. & Laing, Alison M. & Tiwari, Thakur P. & Timsina, Jagadish & Rola-Rubzen, Fay & Islam, Saiful & Maharjan, Sofina & Brown, Peter R. & Das, Kalyan K. & Pradhan, Kausik & Chowdhury, Ap, 2021. "Improving smallholder farmers’ gross margins and labor-use efficiency across a range of cropping systems in the Eastern Gangetic Plains," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
- Mohammad Hasan Mobarok & Wyatt Thompson & Theodoros Skevas, 2021. "COVID-19 and Policy Impacts on the Bangladesh Rice Market and Food Security," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-18, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCropping systems; South Asia; Energy efficiency; Water efficiency; Conservation agriculture-based sustainable intensification; Meta-analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:120:y:2020:i:c:s1364032119308524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.