Financing renewable energy infrastructures via financial citizen participation – The case of Germany
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2012. "Modeling renewable energy company risk," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 39-48.
- Oliver, M. & Jackson, T., 1999. "The market for solar photovoltaics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 371-385, July.
- D. Finon, 2006. "Incentives to invest in liberalised electricity industries in the North and South. Differences in the need for suitable institutional arrangements," Post-Print hal-00716553, HAL.
- Toke, David & Breukers, Sylvia & Wolsink, Maarten, 2008. "Wind power deployment outcomes: How can we account for the differences?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 1129-1147, May.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2000. "Understanding carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 817-830, October.
- Derrick, A., 1998. "Financing mechanisms for renewable energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 211-214.
- Masini, Andrea & Menichetti, Emanuela, 2012. "The impact of behavioural factors in the renewable energy investment decision making process: Conceptual framework and empirical findings," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 28-38.
- Jürgen Blazejczak & Jochen Diekmann & Dietmar Edler & Claudia Kemfert & Karsten Neuhoff & Wolf-Peter Schill, 2013. "Energiewende erfordert hohe Investitionen," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 80(26), pages 19-30.
- Grau, Thilo & Huo, Molin & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2012.
"Survey of photovoltaic industry and policy in Germany and China,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 20-37.
- Thilo Grau & Molin Huo & Karsten Neuhoff, 2011. "Survey of Photovoltaic Industry and Policy in Germany and China," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1132, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Claudia Kemfert & Dorothea Schäfer, 2012. "Financing the Energy Transition in Times of Financial Market Instability," DIW Economic Bulletin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 2(9), pages 3-13.
- Mills, S.J. & Taylor, Melissa, 1994. "Project finance for renewable energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 700-708.
- N. Enzensberger & W. Fichtner & O. Rentz, 2003. "Evolution of local citizen participation schemes in the German wind market," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 20(2), pages 191-207.
- Finon, Dominique, 2006. "Incentives to invest in liberalised electricity industries in the North and South. Differences in the need for suitable institutional arrangements," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 601-618, March.
- Andrea Masini & E. Menichetti, 2012. "The impact of behavioural factors in the renewable energy investment decision making process: Conceptual framework and empirical findings," Post-Print hal-00651706, HAL.
- Harborne, Paul & Hendry, Chris, 2009. "Pathways to commercial wind power in the US, Europe and Japan: The role of demonstration projects and field trials in the innovation process," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3580-3595, September.
- Wüstenhagen, Rolf & Menichetti, Emanuela, 2012. "Strategic choices for renewable energy investment: Conceptual framework and opportunities for further research," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-10.
- Enzensberger, N. & Fichtner, W. & Rentz, O., 2003. "Financing renewable energy projects via closed-end funds—a German case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 2023-2036.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Grashof, Katherina, 2019. "Are auctions likely to deter community wind projects? And would this be problematic?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 20-32.
- Shrimali, Gireesh & Nelson, David & Goel, Shobhit & Konda, Charith & Kumar, Raj, 2013. "Renewable deployment in India: Financing costs and implications for policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 28-43.
- Lüthi, Sonja & Wüstenhagen, Rolf, 2012. "The price of policy risk — Empirical insights from choice experiments with European photovoltaic project developers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1001-1011.
- Niesten, Eva & Jolink, Albert & Chappin, Maryse, 2018. "Investments in the Dutch onshore wind energy industry: A review of investor profiles and the impact of renewable energy subsidies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2519-2525.
- Darmani, Anna & Niesten, Eva & Hekkert, Marko, 2014. "Which Investors Drive the Development of Wind Energy?," INDEK Working Paper Series 2014/8, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics and Management.
- Bauwens, Thomas, 2019. "Analyzing the determinants of the size of investments by community renewable energy members: Findings and policy implications from Flanders," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 841-852.
- Arnold, Uwe & Yildiz, Özgür, 2015. "Economic risk analysis of decentralized renewable energy infrastructures – A Monte Carlo Simulation approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 227-239.
- Shahriyar Nasirov & Carlos Silva & Claudio A. Agostini, 2015. "Investors’ Perspectives on Barriers to the Deployment of Renewable Energy Sources in Chile," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-21, April.
- Lone Werner & Bert Scholtens, 2017. "Firm Type, Feed-in Tariff, and Wind Energy Investment in Germany: An Investigation of Decision Making Factors of Energy Producers Regarding Investing in Wind Energy Capacity," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 21(2), pages 402-411, April.
- Blondiau, Yuliya & Reuter, Emmanuelle, 2019. "Why is the grass greener on the other side? Decision modes and location choice by wind energy investors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 44-55.
- Ozorhon, Beliz & Batmaz, Arda & Caglayan, Semih, 2018. "Generating a framework to facilitate decision making in renewable energy investments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 217-226.
- Domanico, Fabio, 2007. "Concentration in the European electricity industry: The internal market as solution?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5064-5076, October.
- Mignon, Ingrid & Bergek, Anna, 2016. "Investments in renewable electricity production: The importance of policy revisited," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 307-316.
- Mazzucato, Mariana & Semieniuk, Gregor, 2018.
"Financing renewable energy: Who is financing what and why it matters,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 8-22.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Gregor Semieniuk, 2016. "Financing Renewable Energy: Who is Financing What and Why it Matters," SPRU Working Paper Series 2016-12, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Angelopoulos, Dimitrios & Doukas, Haris & Psarras, John & Stamtsis, Giorgos, 2017. "Risk-based analysis and policy implications for renewable energy investments in Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 512-523.
- Egli, Florian, 2020. "Renewable energy investment risk: An investigation of changes over time and the underlying drivers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- Reboredo, Juan C. & Wen, Xiaoqian, 2015. "Are China’s new energy stock prices driven by new energy policies?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 624-636.
- Nadia Ameli & Paul Drummond & Alexander Bisaro & Michael Grubb & Hugues Chenet, 2020. "Climate finance and disclosure for institutional investors: why transparency is not enough," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 160(4), pages 565-589, June.
- MacDougall, Shelley L., 2015. "The value of delay in tidal energy development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 438-446.
- Heiskanen, Eva & Jalas, Mikko & Juntunen, Jouni K. & Nissilä, Heli, 2017. "Small streams, diverse sources: Who invests in renewable energy in Finland during the financial downturn?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 191-200.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy finance; Energy cooperatives; Citizen participation; Closed-end funds; Business models;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:68:y:2014:i:c:p:677-685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.