Large-scale integration of optimal combinations of PV, wind and wave power into the electricity supply
This article presents the results of analyses of large-scale integration of wind power, photo voltaic (PV) and wave power into a Danish reference energy system. The possibility of integrating Renewable Energy Sources (RES) into the electricity supply is expressed in terms of the ability to avoid excess electricity production. The different sources are analysed in the range of an electricity production from 0 to 100% of the electricity demand. The excess production is found from detailed energy system analyses on the computer model EnergyPLAN. The analyses have taken into account that certain ancillary services are needed in order to secure the electricity supply system.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lund, Henrik & Hvelplund, Frede & Kass, Ilmars & Dukalskis, Edgars & Blumberga, Dagnija, 1999. "District heating and market economy in Latvia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 549-559.
- Lund, Henrik & Hvelplund, Frede & Ingermann, Karl & Kask, Ulo, 2000. "Estonian energy system Proposals for the implementation of a cogeneration strategy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 729-736, August.
- Lund, H & Münster, E, 2003. "Modelling of energy systems with a high percentage of CHP and wind power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 2179-2193.
- Meyer, Niels I., 2003. "European schemes for promoting renewables in liberalised markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 665-676, June.
- Jurado, Francisco & Saenz, José R., 2002. "Possibilities for biomass-based power plant and wind system integration," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 955-966.
- Alberg Østergaard, Poul, 2003. "Transmission-grid requirements with scattered and fluctuating renewable electricity-sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 247-255, September.
- Ro, K & Rahman, S, 2003. "Control of grid-connected fuel cell plants for enhancement of power system stability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 397-407.
- Lund, Henrik & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2000. "Electric grid and heat planning scenarios with centralised and distributed sources of conventional, CHP and wind generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 299-312.
- Lund, Henrik & Clark, Woodrow W., 2002. "Management of fluctuations in wind power and CHP comparing two possible Danish strategies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 471-483.
- Thakker, A. & Dhanasekaran, T.S., 2005. "Experimental and computational analysis on guide vane losses of impulse turbine for wave energy conversion," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1359-1372.
- Lund, Henrik, 2005. "Large-scale integration of wind power into different energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(13), pages 2402-2412.
- Hvelplund, Frede & Lund, Henrik, 1998. "Rebuilding without restructuring the energy system in east Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 535-546, June.
- Mæng, H. & Lund, H. & Hvelplund, F., 1999. "Biogas plants in Denmark: technological and economic developments," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-4), pages 195-206, September.
- Lund, Henrik, 1999. "Implementation of energy-conservation policies: the case of electric heating conversion in Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-4), pages 117-127, September.
- Sharmila, N. & Jalihal, Purnima & Swamy, A.K. & Ravindran, M., 2004. "Wave powered desalination system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1659-1672.
- Gross, Robert, 2004. "Technologies and innovation for system change in the UK: status, prospects and system requirements of some leading renewable energy options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(17), pages 1905-1919, November.
- Rasmussen, L. H., 2003. "A sustainable energy-system in Latvia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 1-8, September.
- Kolhe, M. & Agbossou, K. & Hamelin, J. & Bose, T.K., 2003. "Analytical model for predicting the performance of photovoltaic array coupled with a wind turbine in a stand-alone renewable energy system based on hydrogen," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 727-742.
- Duic, Neven & da Graça Carvalho, Maria, 2004. "Increasing renewable energy sources in island energy supply: case study Porto Santo," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 383-399, August.
- Badescu, Viorel, 2003. "Dynamic model of a complex system including PV cells, electric battery, electrical motor and water pump," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 1165-1181.
- Lund, H. & Münster, E., 2003. "Management of surplus electricity-production from a fluctuating renewable-energy source," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 65-74, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:31:y:2006:i:4:p:503-515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.