Optimization of floor area ratio regulation in a growing city
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertaud, Alain & Brueckner, Jan K., 2005. "Analyzing building-height restrictions: predicted impacts and welfare costs," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 109-125, March.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2004. "Optimal Urban Land Use and Zoning," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(1), pages 69-106, January.
- Lin, C.-C.Chu-Chia & Mai, Chao-Cheng & Wang, Ping, 2004. "Urban land policy and housing in an endogenously growing monocentric city," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 241-261, May.
- T Akita & M Fujita, 1982.
"Spatial development processes with renewal in a growing city,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 14(2), pages 205-223, February.
- T Akita & M Fujita, 1982. "Spatial Development Processes with Renewal in a Growing City," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 14(2), pages 205-223, February.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 1990. "Growth Controls and Land Values in an Open City," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(3), pages 237-248.
- Arnott, Richard J. & MacKinnon, James G., 1977.
"Measuring the costs of height restrictions with a general equilibrium model,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 359-375, November.
- Richard Arnott & James G. MacKinnon, 1976. "Measuring the Costs of Height Restrictions with a General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers 242, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Sakashita, Noboru, 1995. "An economic theory of urban growth control," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 427-434, August.
- Wheaton, William C., 1998. "Land Use and Density in Cities with Congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 258-272, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borck, Rainald, 2014. "Will skyscrapers save the planet?," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100566, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Takayama, Yuki & Kuwahara, Masao, 2016. "Bottleneck congestion and residential location of heterogeneous commuters," MPRA Paper 68940, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rainald Borck & Jan K. Brueckner, 2016. "Optimal Energy Taxation in Cities," CESifo Working Paper Series 5711, CESifo Group Munich.
- Borck, Rainald, 2016.
"Will skyscrapers save the planet? Building height limits and urban greenhouse gas emissions,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 13-25.
- Rainald Borck, 2014. "Will Skyscrapers Save the Planet? Building Height Limits and Urban Greenhouse Gas Emissions," CESifo Working Paper Series 4773, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lozano-Gracia, Nancy & Young, Cheryl & Lall, Somik V. & Vishwanath, Tara, 2013. "Leveraging land to enable urban transformation : lessons from global experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6312, The World Bank.
- Ioannis Tikoudis & Erik T. Verhoef & Jos N. van Ommeren, 2015. "Second-best Urban Tolls in a Monocentric City with Housing Market Regulations," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-006/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:tpr:restat:v:99:y:2017:i:4:p:663-677 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2017.
"Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 99(4), pages 663-677, July.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," CESifo Working Paper Series 5855, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brueckner, Jan & Fu, Shihe & Gu, Yizhen & Zhang, Junfu, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," MPRA Paper 70289, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shihe Fu, 2017. "Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits," WISE Working Papers 2017-10-16, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Hirte, Georg & Rhee, Hyok-Joo, 2016. "Regulation versus Taxation," CEPIE Working Papers 05/16, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Fuess, Roland & Koller, Jan A., 2017. "Best Land Use with Negative Externalities: Determining Land Values from Residential Rents," Working Papers on Finance 1705, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Clune, Stephen & Morrissey, John & Moore, Trivess, 2012. "Size matters: House size and thermal efficiency as policy strategies to reduce net emissions of new developments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 657-667.
- Rhee, Hyok-Joo & Yu, Sanggyun & Hirte, Georg, 2014. "Zoning in cities with traffic congestion and agglomeration economies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 82-93.
- Kono, Tatsuhito & Joshi, Kirti Kusum, 2012. "A new interpretation on the optimal density regulations: Closed and open city," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 223-234.
- Kono, Tatsuhito & Joshi, Kirti Kusum & Kato, Takeaki & Yokoi, Takahisa, 2012. "Optimal regulation on building size and city boundary: An effective second-best remedy for traffic congestion externality," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 619-630.
More about this item
KeywordsPopulation externality Floor area ratio Congestion Deadweight loss;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:39:y:2009:i:4:p:502-511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .