Comment on "A note on the Hotelling principle of minimum differentiation: Imitation and crowd"
We argue that the minimum differentiation firm location equilibrium and the pure strategy pricing equilibrium in Di Cintio's [Di Cintio, M., 2007. A note on the Hotelling principle of minimum differentiation: Imitation and crowd. Research in Economics 61 (3), 122-129] "Note" need not exist under the conditions claimed.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osborne, Martin J & Pitchik, Carolyn, 1987.
"Equilibrium in Hotelling's Model of Spatial Competition,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 911-22, July.
- Martin J Osborne & Carolyn Pitchik, 1985. "Equilibrium in Hotelling's Model of Spatial Competition," Department of Economics Working Papers 1985-02, McMaster University.
- Di Cintio, Marco, 2007. "A note on the Hotelling principle of minimum differentiation: Imitation and crowd," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 122-129, September.
- Christian Ahlin & Peter Ahlin, 2006. "Hotelling Was Right About Snob/Congestion Goods (Asymptotically)," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0621, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- GRILO, Isabel & SHY, Oz & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 1997.
"Price competition when consumer behavior is characterized by conformity or vanity,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1997032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Grilo, Isabel & Shy, Oz & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2001. "Price competition when consumer behavior is characterized by conformity or vanity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 385-408, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reecon:v:62:y:2008:i:1:p:55-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.