Leaving some stones unturned: A reassessment of iterative planning theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Easley, David & Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Controlling a Stochastic Process with Unknown Parameters," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 1045-1064, September.
- Philippe Aghion & Patrick Bolton & Christopher Harris & Bruno Jullien, 1991.
"Optimal Learning by Experimentation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(4), pages 621-654.
- Aghion, P. & Bolton, P. & Harris, C. & Jullien, B., 1990. "Optimal Learning By Experimentation," DELTA Working Papers 90-10, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Aghion Philippe & Bolton, Patrick & Harris Christopher & Jullien Bruno, 1991. "Optimal learning by experimentation," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9104, CEPREMAP.
- Chander, Parkash, 1984. "On material balances when there are capacity limitations," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 159-167, June.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Richard E. Kihlstrom & Leonard J. Mirman, 1977. "A Bayesian Approach to the Production of Information and Learning By Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 533-547.
- Tulkens, Henry, 1978. "Dynamic processes for public goods : An institution-oriented survey," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-201, April.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1977.
"Is the Price System or Rationing More Effective in Getting a Commodity to Those Who Need It Most?,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 517-524, Autumn.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1974. "Is the Price System or Rationing More Effective in Getting a Commodity to Those Who Need It Most?," Working papers 140, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Claude Henry, 1979. "On the Free Rider Problem in the M.D.P. Procedure," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 293-303.
- John Roberts, 1979.
"Incentives in Planning Procedures for the Provision of Public Goods,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 283-292.
- John Roberts, 1977. "Incentives in Planning Procedures for the Provision of Public Goods," Discussion Papers 264, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- ROBERTS, John, 1979. "Incentives in planning procedures for the provision of public goods," CORE Discussion Papers RP 371, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 1973. "The Design of Mechanisms for Resource Allocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 1-30, May.
- Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "A two-armed bandit theory of market pricing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 185-202, October.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Nyarko, Yaw, 1989. "Optimal Control of an Unknown Linear Process with Learning," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 571-586, August.
- Champsaur, Paul & Laroque, Guy, 1982. "Strategic Behavior in Decentralized Planning Procedures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 325-344, March.
- Feldman, M, 1991. "On the Generic Nonconvergence of Bayesian Actions and Beliefs," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 1(4), pages 301-321, October.
- van Brabant, Jozef M, 1990. "Socialist Economics: The Disequilibrium School and the Shortage Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 157-175, Spring.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1992. "Pervasive Shortages under Socialism," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 237-246, Summer.
- Kuboniwa, Masaaki, 1984. "Stepwise aggregation for material balances," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 41-53, March.
- Sandy Grossman, 2010. "A Bayesian Approach to the Production of Information and Learning by Doing," Levine's Working Paper Archive 230, David K. Levine.
- J. M. Montias, 1962. "On the Consistency and Efficiency of Central Plans," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 280-290.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kimitoshi Sato, 2012. "Nonmyopia and incentives in the piecewise linearized MDP procedures with variable step-sizes," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 1(1), pages 1-23, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:58:y:1995:i:1:p:85-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.