The impact of entrepreneurship orientation on project performance: A machine learning approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jon Kleinberg & Jens Ludwig & Sendhil Mullainathan & Ziad Obermeyer, 2015. "Prediction Policy Problems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 491-495, May.
- E Revilla & J Sarkis & A Modrego, 2003. "Evaluating performance of public–private research collaborations: A DEA analysis," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 54(2), pages 165-174, February.
- Andreas Rauch & Johan Wiklund & G.T. Lumpkin & Michael Frese, 2009. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Business Performance: An Assessment of past Research and Suggestions for the Future," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 33(3), pages 761-787, May.
- Ajay Thapa, 2015. "Determinants of microenterprise performance in Nepal," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 581-594, October.
- Wing-Ki Wong & Hong-Man Cheung & Patri K. Venuvinod, 2005. "Individual Entrepreneurial Characteristics And Entrepreneurial Success Potential," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(03), pages 277-292.
- Carter, Michael R. & Tjernström, Emilia & Toledo, Patricia, 2019.
"Heterogeneous impact dynamics of a rural business development program in Nicaragua,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 77-98.
- Michael R. Carter & Emilia Tjernström & Patricia Toledo, 2016. "Heterogeneous Impact Dynamics of a Rural Business Development Program in Nicaragua," NBER Working Papers 22628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Keith Schwer & Ugur Yucelt, 1984. "A Study of Risk-Taking Propensities among Small Business Entrepreneurs and Managers: an Empirical Evaluation," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 8(3), pages 31-40, January.
- Evan J. Douglas & Dean A. Shepherd, 2002. "Self-Employment as a Career Choice: Attitudes, Entrepreneurial Intentions, and Utility Maximization," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 26(3), pages 81-90, April.
- Bing Xu & Jingwen Yang & Bifei Sun, 2018. "A nonparametric decision approach for entrepreneurship," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 5-14, March.
- Densil A. Williams, 2016. "Can Neural Networks Predict Business Failure? Evidence From Small High Tech Firms In The Uk," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 21(01), pages 1-17, March.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
- Corlane Barclay, 2008. "Towards an integrated measurement of IS project performance: The project performance scorecard," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 331-345, July.
- Ruiz, Edilberto & Nieto, Fabio H., 2000. "A note on linear combination of predictors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 351-356, May.
- Shihao Gu & Bryan T. Kelly & Dacheng Xiu, 2018. "Empirical Asset Pricing via Machine Learning," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 18-71, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- Ana M. Moreno & JosÃ© C. Casillas, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Growth of SMEs: A Causal Model," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 32(3), pages 507-528, May.
- Andrew Dainty & Mei-I Cheng & David Moore, 2003. "Redefining performance measures for construction project managers: an empirical evaluation," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 209-218.
- Gemünden, Hans Georg & Lehner, Patrick & Kock, Alexander, 2018. "The Project-oriented Organization and its Contribution to Innovation," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 92880, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Shihao Gu & Bryan Kelly & Dacheng Xiu, 2018. "Empirical Asset Pricing via Machine Learning," NBER Working Papers 25398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald F. Kuratko, 2005. "The Emergence of Entrepreneurship Education: Development, Trends, and Challenges," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 29(5), pages 577-597, September.
- Eilat, Harel & Golany, Boaz & Shtub, Avraham, 2008. "R&D project evaluation: An integrated DEA and balanced scorecard approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 895-912, October.
- G.T. Lumpkin & Claudia C. Cogliser & Dawn R. Schneider, 2009. "Understanding and Measuring Autonomy: An Entrepreneurial Orientation Perspective," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 33(1), pages 47-69, January.
- Mostafa Salari & Homayoun Khamooshi, 2016. "A better project performance prediction model using fuzzy time series and data envelopment analysis," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(10), pages 1274-1287, October.
- Robert F. Scherer & Janet S. Adams & Susan S. Carley & Frank A. Wiebe, 1989. "Role Model Performance Effects on Development of Entrepreneurial Career Preference," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 13(3), pages 53-72, April.
- Barclay, Corlane & Osei-Bryson, Kweku-Muata, 2010. "Project performance development framework: An approach for developing performance criteria & measures for information systems (IS) projects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 272-292, March.
- Souitaris, Vangelis & Zerbinati, Stefania & Al-Laham, Andreas, 2007. "Do entrepreneurship programmes raise entrepreneurial intention of science and engineering students? The effect of learning, inspiration and resources," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 566-591, July.
- Eilat, Harel & Golany, Boaz & Shtub, Avraham, 2006. "Constructing and evaluating balanced portfolios of R&D projects with interactions: A DEA based methodology," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(3), pages 1018-1039, August.
- Barba-Sánchez, Virginia & Atienza-Sahuquillo, Carlos, 2018. "Entrepreneurial Intention Among Engineering Students: The Role Of Entrepreneurship Education," European Research on Management and Business Economics (ERMBE), Academia Europea de Dirección y Economía de la Empresa (AEDEM), vol. 24(1), pages 53-61.
- Catherine L. Wang, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Orientation, Learning Orientation, and Firm Performance," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 32(4), pages 635-657, July.
- Brian S. Anderson & Patrick M. Kreiser & Donald F. Kuratko & Jeffrey S. Hornsby & Yoshihiro Eshima, 2015. "Reconceptualizing entrepreneurial orientation," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(10), pages 1579-1596, October.
- Barfod, Michael Bruhn, 2012. "An MCDA approach for the selection of bike projects based on structuring and appraising activities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(3), pages 810-818.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhiwen Li & Oswin Aganda Anaba & Zhiqiang Ma & Mingxing Li, 2021. "Ghanaian SMEs Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic: Evaluating the Influence of Entrepreneurial Orientation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(3), pages 1-27, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bradley A. George & Louis Marino, 2011. "The Epistemology of Entrepreneurial Orientation: Conceptual Formation, Modeling, and Operationalization," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 35(5), pages 989-1024, September.
- Yan Ling & María Concepción López-Fernández & Ana María Serrano-Bedia & Franz W. Kellermanns, 2020. "Organizational culture and entrepreneurial orientation: examination through a new conceptualization lens," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 709-737, June.
- Rodney C. Runyan & Baoshan Ge & Baobao Dong & Jane L. Swinney, 2012. "Entrepreneurial Orientation in Crossâ€“Cultural Research: Assessing Measurement Invariance in the Construct," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 36(4), pages 819-836, July.
- Tobias Kollmann & Christoph StÃ¶ckmann, 2014. "Filling the Entrepreneurial Orientationâ€“Performance Gap: The Mediating Effects of Exploratory and Exploitative Innovations," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 38(5), pages 1001-1026, September.
- Oluwafemi Dele-Ijagbulu & Menisha Moos & Chukuakadibia Eresia-Eke, 2020. "The Relationship Between Environmental Hostility and Entrepreneurial Orientation of Small Businesses," The Journal of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 6(2), pages 347-362, July.
- S. Arunachalam & Sridhar N. Ramaswami & Pol Herrmann & Doug Walker, 2018. "Innovation pathway to profitability: the role of entrepreneurial orientation and marketing capabilities," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 744-766, July.
- Jeffrey G. Covin & William J. Wales, 2019. "Crafting High-Impact Entrepreneurial Orientation Research: Some Suggested Guidelines," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 43(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Michael H. Morris & Justin W. Webb & Rebecca J. Franklin, 2011. "Understanding the Manifestation of Entrepreneurial Orientation in the Nonprofit Context," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 35(5), pages 947-971, September.
- Gayoung Kim & Dohyeon Kim & Woo Jin Lee & Sunyoung Joung, 2020. "The Effect of Youth Entrepreneurship Education Programs: Two Large-Scale Experimental Studies," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(3), pages 21582440209, September.
- Veronica Scuotto & Manlio Del Giudice & Alexeis Garcia-Perez & Beatrice Orlando & Francesco Ciampi, 2020. "A spill over effect of entrepreneurial orientation on technological innovativeness: an outlook of universities and research based spin offs," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 45(6), pages 1634-1654, December.
- Lim Euncheon & Kim Dohyeon, 2020. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Performance in South Korea: The Mediating Roles of Dynamic Capabilities and Corporate Entrepreneurship," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, July.
- Marcus T. Wolfe & Dean A. Shepherd, 2015. "â€œBouncing Backâ€ from a Loss: Entrepreneurial Orientation, Emotions, and Failure Narratives," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 39(3), pages 675-700, May.
- Adomako, Samuel, 2021. "Resource-induced coping heuristics and entrepreneurial orientation in dynamic environments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 477-487.
- Zhaoyang Guo & Wei Jiang, 2020. "Risk-taking for entrepreneurial new entry: risk-taking dimensions and contingencies," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 739-781, June.
- M. Presutti & V. Odorici, 2019. "Linking entrepreneurial and market orientation to the SME’s performance growth: the moderating role of entrepreneurial experience and networks," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 697-720, September.
- Unai Arzubiaga & Amaia Maseda & Txomin Iturralde, 2019. "Entrepreneurial orientation in family firms: New drivers and the moderating role of the strategic involvement of the board," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 44(1), pages 128-152, February.
- Patrick M. Kreiser, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Organizational Learning: The Impact of Network Range and Network Closure," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 35(5), pages 1025-1050, September.
- Jintong Tang & Zhi Tang & Birton J. Cowden, 2017. "Exploring the Relationship between Entrepreneurial Orientation, CEO Dual Values, and SME Performance in Stateâ€“Owned vs. Nonstateâ€“Owned Enterprises in China," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 41(6), pages 883-908, November.
- J. Ruben Boling & Torsten M. Pieper & Jeffrey G. Covin, 2016. "CEO Tenure and Entrepreneurial Orientation within Family and Nonfamily Firms," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 40(4), pages 891-913, July.
- William Wales & Erik Monsen & Alexander McKelvie, 2011. "The Organizational Pervasiveness of Entrepreneurial Orientation," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 35(5), pages 895-923, September.
More about this item
KeywordsProject performance; Entrepreneurship orientation; Machine learning; Supervised learning; Predictive analytics;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:226:y:2020:i:c:s0925527320300098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.