Barriers analysis for green supply chain management implementation in Indian industries using analytic hierarchy process
Manufacturing industries started adopting the green concept in their supply chain management recently to focus on environmental issues. But, industries still struggle to identify barriers hindering green supply chain management implementation. This work focuses on identifying barriers to the implementation of a green supply chain management (Green SCM) based on procurement effectiveness. A total of 47 barriers were identified, both through detailed literature and discussion with industrial experts and through a questionnaire-based survey from various industrial sectors. Essential barriers/priorities are identified through recourse to analytic hierarchy process. Finally, a sensitivity analysis investigates priority ranking stability.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas L. Saaty, 1986. "Axiomatic Foundation of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(7), pages 841-855, July.
- Yoram Wind & Thomas L. Saaty, 1980. "Marketing Applications of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(7), pages 641-658, July.
- Sarkis, Joseph & Zhu, Qinghua & Lai, Kee-hung, 2011. "An organizational theoretic review of green supply chain management literature," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Yu-Shan Chen & Shyh-Bao Lai & Chao-Tung Wen, 2006. "The Influence of Green Innovation Performance on Corporate Advantage in Taiwan," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 67(4), pages 331-339, September.
- Kannan, G. & Sasi Kumar, P., 2009. "Developing the reverse logistics network--A comment and suggestions on minimizing the reverse logistics cost," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 741-741, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:147:y:2014:i:pb:p:555-568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.