The nature of SME co-operation and innovation: A multi-scalar and multi-dimensional analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Cooke & Nick Clifton & Mercedes Oleaga, 2005. "Social capital, firm embeddedness and regional development," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 1065-1077.
- Lee, Sungjoo & Park, Gwangman & Yoon, Byungun & Park, Jinwoo, 2010. "Open innovation in SMEs--An intermediated network model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 290-300, March.
- Bernhard Dachs & Bernd Ebersberger & Andreas Pyka, 2004. "Why do Firms Co-operate for Innovation? - A comparison of Austrian and Finnish CIS 3 results," Discussion Paper Series 255, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cooke, Philip & Wills, David, 1999. "Small Firms, Social Capital and the Enhancement of Business Performance through Innovation Programmes," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 219-234, November.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston & Piers Thompson, 2012. "Network Capital, Social Capital and Knowledge Flow: How the Nature of Inter-organizational Networks Impacts on Innovation," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 203-232, April.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tether, Bruce S., 2002. "Who co-operates for innovation, and why: An empirical analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 947-967, August.
- Mukhamad Najib & Akira Kiminami, 2011. "Innovation, cooperation and business performance: Some evidence from Indonesian small food processing cluster," Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 75-96, June.
- Mari Jose Aranguren & Miren Larrea & James Wilson, 2009. "Learning from the Local: Governance of Networks for Innovation in the Basque Country," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 47-65, July.
- Najib Harabi, 1998. "Innovation Through Vertical Relations Between Firms, Suppliers And Customers: A Study Of German Firms," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 157-179.
- Lisa De Propris, 2002. "Types of innovation and inter-firm co-operation," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 337-353, October.
- Huggins, Robert, 2001. "Inter-firm network policies and firm performance: evaluating the impact of initiatives in the United Kingdom," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 443-458, March.
- Knorringa, Peter, 1999. "Agra: An Old Cluster Facing the New Competition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1587-1604, September.
- F Xavier Molina-Morales & M. Teresa MartÃnez-Fernández, 2006. "Industrial districts: something more than a neighbourhood," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 503-524, November.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Lechner, Christian & Dowling, Michael & Welpe, Isabell, 2006. "Firm networks and firm development: The role of the relational mix," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 514-540, July.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Nadvi, Khalid, 1999. "Collective Efficiency and Collective Failure: The Response of the Sialkot Surgical Instrument Cluster to Global Quality Pressures," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1605-1626, September.
- Hubert Schmitz, 2000. "Does Local Co-operation Matter? Evidence from Industrial Clusters in South Asia and Latin America," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 323-336.
- Duanmu, Jing-Lin & Fai, Felicia M., 2007. "A processual analysis of knowledge transfer: From foreign MNEs to Chinese suppliers," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 449-473, August.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch, 1990. "Innovation and Small Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011131, March.
- Schmitz, Hubert, 1999. "Global Competition and Local Cooperation: Success and Failure in the Sinos Valley, Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1627-1650, September.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-896, September.
- Bougrain, Frederic & Haudeville, Bernard, 2002. "Innovation, collaboration and SMEs internal research capacities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 735-747, July.
- Andres Barge-Gil, 2010. "Open, Semi-Open and Closed Innovators: Towards an Explanation of Degree of Openness," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 577-607.
- Mark Freel & Richard Harrison, 2006. "Innovation and cooperation in the small firm sector: Evidence from 'Northern Britain'," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 289-305.
- Geroski, P A, 1990. "Innovation, Technological Opportunity, and Market Structure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 586-602, July.
- Lipparini, Andrea & Sobrero, Maurizio, 1994. "The glue and the pieces: Entrepreneurship and innovation in small-firm networks," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 125-140, March.
- Mark Rogers, 2004. "Networks, Firm Size and Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 141-153, March.
- Pavitt, Keith & Robson, Michael & Townsend, Joe, 1987. "The Size Distribution of Innovating Firms in the UK: 1945-1983," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 297-316, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Liang-Chih, 2015. "Building extra-regional networks for regional innovation systems: Taiwan's machine tool industry in China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 107-117.
- Marieta Olaru & Vasile Dinu & Timo Keppler & Bogdan Mocan, 2015. "Study on the Open Innovation Practices in Romanian Smes," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(Special 9), pages 1129-1129, November.
- Wang, Qiang & Zhao, Xiande & Voss, Chris, 2016. "Customer orientation and innovation: A comparative study of manufacturing and service firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P2), pages 221-230.
- repec:eee:techno:v:64-65:y:2017:i::p:16-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ortega Jimenez, Cesar H. & Machuca, Jose A.D. & Garrido-Vega, Pedro & Filippini, Roberto, 2015. "The pursuit of responsiveness in production environments: From flexibility to reconfigurability," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 157-172.
- Mazzola, Erica & Perrone, Giovanni & Kamuriwo, Dzidziso Samuel, 2015. "Network embeddedness and new product development in the biopharmaceutical industry: The moderating role of open innovation flow," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 106-119.
- Boso, Nathaniel & Story, Vicky M. & Cadogan, John W. & Annan, Jonathan & Kadić-Maglajlić, Selma & Micevski, Milena, 2016. "Enhancing the sales benefits of radical product innovativeness in internationalizing small and medium-sized enterprises," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5040-5045.
- Joana Almodovar & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2014. "Assessing the Importance of Local Supporting Organizations in the Automotive Industry: A Hybrid Dynamic Framework of Innovation Networks," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 841-865, April.
- Behncke, Nadine, 2015. "Networks and product innovation across European SMEs," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 229, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Galati & Barbara Bigliardi & Alberto Petroni, 2016. "Open Innovation In Food Firms: Implementation Strategies, Drivers And Enabling Factors," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(03), pages 1-24, April.
- repec:taf:oabmxx:v:2:y:2015:i:1:p:1120421 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jayaram, Jayanth & Dixit, Mita & Motwani, Jaideep, 2014. "Supply chain management capability of small and medium sized family businesses in India: A multiple case study approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 472-485.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:123:y:2017:i:c:p:250-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agostini, Lara & Filippini, Roberto & Nosella, Anna, 2015. "Management and performance of strategic multipartner SME networks," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 376-390.
More about this item
KeywordsSMEs; Innovation networks; Co-operation; Strong ties and manufacturing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:141:y:2013:i:1:p:316-326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.