Social capital, firm embeddedness and regional development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Perman, Roger & Scouller, John, 1999. "Business Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198775249.
- Michael Greenacre, 2008. "Correspondence analysis of raw data," Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgio Calcagnini & Germana Giombini & Francesco Perugini, 2016.
"Bank Foundations, Social Capital, and the Growth of Italian Provinces,"
Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers
131, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Giorgio Calcagnini & Germana Giombini & Francesco Perugini, 2016. "Bank Foundations, Social Capital, and the Growth of Italian Provinces," Working Papers 1603, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2016.
- Katja Bringmann & Ann Verhetsel & Thomas Vanoutrive & Jo Reynaerts, 2013. "The impact of venture capital linkages on start-ups' cluster embeddedness," ERSA conference papers ersa13p298, European Regional Science Association.
- Santos, Domingos & Simões, Maria João, 2014. "Regional innovation systems in Portugal: a critical evaluation," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 28, pages 37-56.
- Liang, Qiao & Huang, Zuhui & Lu, Haiyang & Wang, Xinxin, 2015. "Social Capital, Member Participation, and Cooperative Performance: Evidence from Chinaâ€™s Zhejiang," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 18(1).
- Danny P. Soetano & Mozhdeh Taheri & Marina van Geenhuizen, 2012. "Social Capital’s and Absorptive Capacities’ Impact on New Ventures’ Growth," Chapters,in: Creative Knowledge Cities, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dvořák, Petr & Martinát, Stanislav & der Horst, Dan Van & Frantál, Bohumil & Turečková, Kamila, 2017. "Renewable energy investment and job creation; a cross-sectoral assessment for the Czech Republic with reference to EU benchmarks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 360-368.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9478-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brennan John F. & Paarlberg Laurie & Hoyman Michele, 2013. "Assembling the Puzzle of the Nonprofit-Economic Development Linkage," Nonprofit Policy Forum, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 45-65, October.
- Jue Wang & Philip Shapira, 2012. "Partnering with universities: a good choice for nanotechnology start-up firms?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 197-215, February.
- Nick Clifton & Robyn Keast & David Pickernell & Martyn Senior, 2010. "Network Structure, Knowledge Governance, and Firm Performance: Evidence from Innovation Networks and SMEs in the UK," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 337-373.
- Huanmei Li & Graciela Zubielqui & Allan O’Connor, 2015. "Entrepreneurial networking capacity of cluster firms: a social network perspective on how shared resources enhance firm performance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 523-541, October.
- Erik E. Lehmann & Nikolaus Seitz & Katharine Wirsching, 2017. "Smart finance for smart places to foster new venture creation," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(1), pages 51-75, March.
- Basco, Rodrigo, 2015. "Family business and regional development—A theoretical model of regional familiness," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 259-271.
- Keld Laursen & Francesca Masciarelli, 2007. "The effect of regional social capital and external knowledge acquisition on process and product innovation," ROCK Working Papers 043, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 12 Jun 2008.
- Sergiy Smetana & Christine Tamásy & Alexander Mathys & Volker Heinz, 2015. "Sustainability and regions: sustainability assessment in regional perspective," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 163-186, November.
- F. Xavier Molina-Morales & M. Teresa Martínez-Fernández, 2009. "Does homogeneity exist within industrial districts? A social capital-based approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 209-229, March.
- Rune Dahl Fitjar & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2015.
"Networking, context and firm-level innovation: Cooperation through the regional filter in Norway,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
1516, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2015.
- Fitjar, Rune Dahl & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2015. "Networking, context and firm-level innovation: Cooperation through the regional filter in Norway," CEPR Discussion Papers 10624, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Franz Huber, 2009. "Social Capital Of Economic Clusters: Towards A Network-Based Conception Of Social Resources," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 100(2), pages 160-170, April.
- Philip Cooke, 2008. "Regional Innovation Systems, Clean Technology & Jacobian Cluster-Platform Policies," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 23-45, November.
- Tomasz Mickiewicz & Frederick Wedzerai Nyakudya & Nicholas Theodorakopoulos & Mark Hart, 2017. "Resource endowment and opportunity cost effects along the stages of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 953-976, April.
- repec:bpj:erjour:v:3:y:2013:i:1:p:62-83:n:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tomlinson, Philip R. & Fai, Felicia M., 2013. "The nature of SME co-operation and innovation: A multi-scalar and multi-dimensional analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 316-326.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2014.
"Regional influences on the prevalence of family versus non-family start-ups,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 421-436.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2013. "Regional Influences on the Prevalence of Family Versus Non-Family Start-Ups," Ratio Working Papers 212, The Ratio Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital; Embeddedness; Networks; Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs); Regional development; Valeur de l'interaction sociale; Ancrage; Reseaux; PME; Amenagement du territoire; Sozialkapital; Verankerung; Netzwerke; SMEs; Regionalentwicklung; Capital social; Arraigamiento; Redes; Pymes; Desarrollo regional; JEL classifications: D21; L10; O1; O18;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:39:y:2005:i:8:p:1065-1077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.