Is production the core competence for the internationalization of emerging country firms?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nagesh Kumar & Alka Chadha, 2009.
"India's outward foreign direct investments in steel industry in a Chinese comparative perspective,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 249-267, April.
- Kumar, Nagesh & Chadha, Alka, 2008. "India's Outward Foreign Direct Investments in Steel Industry in a Chinese Comparative Perspective," MERIT Working Papers 053, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Young, Stephen & Tavares, Ana Teresa, 2004. "Centralization and autonomy: back to the future," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 215-237, April.
- Fleury, Afonso & Leme Fleury, Maria Tereza, 2009. "Understanding the strategies of late-movers in International Manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 340-350, November.
- Nagesh Kumar & Alka Chadha, 2009. "IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Outward Foreign Direct Investments in Steel Industry in a Chinese Comparative Perspective," Trade Working Papers 22784, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yadong Luo & Rosalie L Tung, 2007. "International expansion of emerging market enterprises: A springboard perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 481-498, July.
- Farok J. Contractor & Vikas Kumar & Sumit K. Kundu & Torben Pedersen, 2010. "Reconceptualizing the Firm in a World of Outsourcing and Offshoring: The Organizational and Geographical Relocation of High-Value Company Functions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(s2), pages 1417-1433, December.
- Gary A Knight & Daekwan Kim, 2009. "International business competence and the contemporary firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(2), pages 255-273, February.
- Federico Bonaglia & Andrea Goldstein, 2007. "Strengthening Productive Capacities in Emerging Economies through Internationalisation: Evidence from the Appliance Industry," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 262, OECD Publishing.
- Holweg, Matthias & Reichhart, Andreas & Hong, Eui, 2011. "On risk and cost in global sourcing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 333-341, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fleury, Afonso & Fleury, Maria Tereza Leme, 2014. "Local enablers of business models: The experience of Brazilian multinationals acquiring in North America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 516-526.
- Lorentz, Harri & Kittipanya-ngam, Pichawadee & Singh Srai, Jagjit, 2013. "Emerging market characteristics and supply network adjustments in internationalising food supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 220-232.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational operations management; International production management; Competence management; Emerging country multinationals; Brazilian multinationals; Subsidiary role;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:140:y:2012:i:1:p:439-449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.