Is production the core competence for the internationalization of emerging country firms?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nagesh Kumar & Alka Chadha, 2009.
"India's outward foreign direct investments in steel industry in a Chinese comparative perspective,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 249-267, April.
- Kumar, Nagesh & Chadha, Alka, 2008. "India's Outward Foreign Direct Investments in Steel Industry in a Chinese Comparative Perspective," MERIT Working Papers 053, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Young, Stephen & Tavares, Ana Teresa, 2004. "Centralization and autonomy: back to the future," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 215-237, April.
- Fleury, Afonso & Leme Fleury, Maria Tereza, 2009. "Understanding the strategies of late-movers in International Manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 340-350, November.
- Nagesh Kumar & Alka Chadha, 2009. "IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Outward Foreign Direct Investments in Steel Industry in a Chinese Comparative Perspective," Trade Working Papers 22784, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yadong Luo & Rosalie L Tung, 2007. "International expansion of emerging market enterprises: A springboard perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 481-498, July.
- Farok J. Contractor & Vikas Kumar & Sumit K. Kundu & Torben Pedersen, 2010. "Reconceptualizing the Firm in a World of Outsourcing and Offshoring: The Organizational and Geographical Relocation of High-Value Company Functions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(s2), pages 1417-1433, December.
- Gary A Knight & Daekwan Kim, 2009. "International business competence and the contemporary firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(2), pages 255-273, February.
- Federico Bonaglia & Andrea Goldstein, 2007. "Strengthening Productive Capacities in Emerging Economies through Internationalisation: Evidence from the Appliance Industry," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 262, OECD Publishing.
- Holweg, Matthias & Reichhart, Andreas & Hong, Eui, 2011. "On risk and cost in global sourcing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 333-341, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fleury, Afonso & Fleury, Maria Tereza Leme, 2014. "Local enablers of business models: The experience of Brazilian multinationals acquiring in North America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 516-526.
- Lorentz, Harri & Kittipanya-ngam, Pichawadee & Singh Srai, Jagjit, 2013. "Emerging market characteristics and supply network adjustments in internationalising food supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 220-232.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational operations management; International production management; Competence management; Emerging country multinationals; Brazilian multinationals; Subsidiary role;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:140:y:2012:i:1:p:439-449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .