Using value analysis to support knowledge transfer in the multi-project setting
This paper investigates how formalized methodologies can effectively support the implementation of knowledge transfer practices in the multi-project setting. We propose a knowledge collection and transfer model grounded on the Value Analysis technique, empirically developed and validated through an action research in the shipbuilding industry. The proposed model facilitates decision making across multiple projects in the cruise ship design by stimulating the reuse of the available knowledge base and the exploitation of information needed to identify design solutions to solve the trade-off between functional requirements and available resources.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lamming, Richard & Caldwell, Nigel & Phillips, Wendy & Harrison, Deborah, 2005. "Sharing Sensitive Information in Supply Relationships:: The Flaws in One-way Open-book Negotiation and the Need for Transparency," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 554-563, October.
- Cusumano, Michael A. & Nobeoka, Kentaro, 1992. "Strategy, structure and performance in product development: Observations from the auto industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 265-293, June.
- Raymond van Wijk & Justin J. P. Jansen & Marjorie A. Lyles, 2008. "Inter- and Intra-Organizational Knowledge Transfer: A Meta-Analytic Review and Assessment of its Antecedents and Consequences," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 830-853, 06.
- Ibusuki, Ugo & Kaminski, Paulo Carlos, 2007. "Product development process with focus on value engineering and target-costing: A case study in an automotive company," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 459-474, February.
- De Maio, Adriano & Verganti, Roberto & Corso, Mariano, 1994. "A multi-project management framework for new product development," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 178-191, October.
- Agndal, Henrik & Nilsson, Ulf, 2008. "Supply chain decision-making supported by an open books policy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 154-167, November.
- Argote, Linda & Ingram, Paul & Levine, John M. & Moreland, Richard L., 2000. "Knowledge Transfer in Organizations: Learning from the Experience of Others," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-8, May.
- Schmidberger, Stephan & Bals, Lydia & Hartmann, Evi & Jahns, Christopher, 2009. "Ground handling services at European hub airports: Development of a performance measurement system for benchmarking," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 104-116, January.
- Irani, Zahir & Sharif, Amir M. & Love, Peter E.D., 2009. "Mapping knowledge management and organizational learning in support of organizational memory," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 200-215, November.
- Cho, Kyu-Kab & Sun, Jung-Guy & Oh, Jung-Soo, 1999. "An automated welding operation planning system for block assembly in shipbuilding," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 203-209, April.
- Prencipe, Andrea & Tell, Fredrik, 2001. "Inter-project learning: processes and outcomes of knowledge codification in project-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1373-1394, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:131:y:2011:i:2:p:545-560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.